DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

[SOLVED] Disabling SIP on Drayteks for Asterisk etc.

• ghenry
  • Topic Author
More
21 Sep 2009 15:35 #1 by ghenry
Hi All,

Just paid for premium support, but here's the answer from them for the benefit of others.

Telnet to your router and do:

sys sip_alg 0

Also, go to VoIP and even though all your "SIP Accounts" are empty, go through each (12 on a 2820vn) and set the SIP port to say 5081 and click ok. Do this for all and above. Also change your RTP ports to finish at port 9999.

Then point your "Open Ports" on the NAT setting to your Asterisk server:

SIP/UDP 5002-5080
RTP/UDP 10000-20000

There you go!

Gavin.

http://www.suretectelecom.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Sep 2009 16:17 #2 by macdaddy

Also change your RTP ports to finish at port 9999.

Could you please explain how to do this stage. Thanks.

• ghenry
  • Topic Author
More
22 Sep 2009 16:47 #3 by ghenry

macdaddy wrote:

Also change your RTP ports to finish at port 9999.

Could you please explain how to do this stage. Thanks.

Go to the VoIP settings and you'll see at the bottom of one of the four menu options the RTP settings. Check the manual for that, can't remember as it was a customers router and I'm not at it at the moment.

Cheers.

More
23 Sep 2009 10:35 #4 by myozone

ghenry wrote: Hi All,

Just paid for premium support, but here's the answer from them for the benefit of others.

Telnet to your router and do:

sys sip_alg 0

Also, go to VoIP and even though all your "SIP Accounts" are empty, go through each (12 on a 2820vn) and set the SIP port to say 5081 and click ok. Do this for all and above. Also change your RTP ports to finish at port 9999.

Then point your "Open Ports" on the NAT setting to your Asterisk server:

SIP/UDP 5002-5080
RTP/UDP 10000-20000

There you go!

Gavin.

Hi Gavin,
I tried this and still being blocked inbound. I have the 2 ATA's set to port 5060 - to external voip providers and then I can't connect back in to a Asterisk server via my external IP . If I set both ATA's to port 0 all is ok ! and I can connect via my IP address . I can also connect ok via the local IP 192.168.*.*

• ghenry
  • Topic Author
More
23 Sep 2009 16:35 #5 by ghenry

Hi Gavin,
I tried this and still being blocked inbound. I have the 2 ATA's set to port 5060 - to external voip providers and then I can't connect back in to a Asterisk server via my external IP . If I set both ATA's to port 0 all is ok ! and I can connect via my IP address . I can also connect ok via the local IP 192.168.*.*

What did you try? You changed RTP ports to finish at 9999 and also set all "Sip Accounts" ports to 5081 or similar and then went to NAT and setup "open ports" for port 5002-5080 udp to go to your asterisk box and rtp udp 10000-20000?

Thanks.

More
23 Sep 2009 17:07 #6 by myozone

ghenry wrote:

Hi Gavin,

What did you try? You changed RTP ports to finish at 9999 and also set all "Sip Accounts" ports to 5081 or similar and then went to NAT and setup "open ports" for port 5002-5080 udp to go to your asterisk box and rtp udp 10000-20000?

Thanks.

Yes to all, apart from changing all "Sip Accounts" ports to 5081
Every works fine IF the ATA's (the built in ones) are not active i.e. set to port 0 as soon as I set them both back to 5060 (for my voip accounts) I can no longer log into my Asterisk box from the outside - via my IP address. The ATA's have nothing to do with the Asterisk side of things at the moment.

One thing I have just noticed is if turn off the ATA's (set to port 0) for a moment to let a soft-phone login to the Asterisk box THEN set the ATA's back to 5060 everything works ok. Its a pain but seems to work, not very satisfactory though ! If I then log out then try to log back in it times out error 408 - from eyebeam soft-phone

Moderators: Sami