• robathome
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
09 Nov 2009 09:35 #1 by robathome
2820Vn and an ISDN switchboard was created by robathome
Hi,
I have a 2820Vn plus a samsung officeserv 7200 switchboard for the phones. I would like to setup a link from the office here to someone's house and give them an office extension number.

I have looked at the Draytek and Samsung documentation, and both are frankly assuming quite a bit of previous knowledge. I really don't know where to start as I am a VoIP total beginner.

Anyone know of an idiot's guide, or something that will get me going?

many thanks
Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2009 07:55 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic 2820Vn and an ISDN switchboard
The 2820Vn provides two FXS ports which can only connect to the PBX into analoge trunk connections (not ISDN and not extension ports). So, your first question is whether you have any,

Forum Administrator

• robathome
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
11 Nov 2009 08:35 #3 by robathome
Replied by robathome on topic 2820Vn and an ISDN switchboard
We do have some analogue lines through the 7200 as we use modems through there occasionally...

tnx

More
12 Nov 2009 13:15 #4 by admin
Replied by admin on topic 2820Vn and an ISDN switchboard
If you're connecting an analoghe modem into it, it's not an analogue trunk port...it's an analogue extension. Do NOT connect your Vigor to an extension port... you will damage one or the other.

Forum Administrator

More
15 Nov 2009 14:44 #5 by jason hoffman
Replied by jason hoffman on topic setting up a home user on Samsung
Why dont you simply get a Samsung IP phone like a 5007 ITP and place it at your home workers house and and do port forwarding on both of your routers. The Samsung would need to be on your Lan in the office, also assuming you have the right cards on your office serve 7200. The IP phone at home can simply be registered accross the internet link using your Office Public IP address which needs to be configured in the Samung as well.
Regards,
Jason