DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

PSTN passthrough 2710VN option to POTS first voip 2nd +CLID

• ianonline
  • Topic Author
More
18 Dec 2009 22:31 #1 by ianonline
I get free calls with BT and mainly use my sip account for incoming calls.
On the passthrough option the default is voip with a #0 for POTS.
Unfortunatly putting the #0 before the phone number in the handset memory does not work as it dials to quick
Is there a way around this to default POTS on outgoing calls?

Also the Caller ID does not work when a call comes into the POTS number through the router although the VOIP CLID works fine?
Any ideas. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2009 19:24 #2 by admin
An appropriate rule in the digit-map setup to force call calls to PSTN should work.

Forum Administrator

More
30 Dec 2009 16:02 #3 by ankjohnson
Replied by ankjohnson on topic 2710 PSTN pass through
I also dont know how to make the 2710 switch to using BT with simple keypress combination (or pressing recall button even better). I loe an answer as tried all sorts.

• ianonline
  • Topic Author
More
30 Dec 2009 16:06 #4 by ianonline
The previous poster is correct, you can set pre defined phone numbers to go through the digimap. I have it working now
A useful tutorial is here
http://support.draytek.net.au/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=127&nav=0,26

More
04 Jan 2010 23:01 #5 by dannyboy1121
I'm interested in this as I'm about to pick up a 2710Vn to manage my calls. I also get free evening and weekend calls with BT so I'm keen to set up the system to route via Draytel VOIP during the working day and then BT any other time.

I understand that when a SIP account is configured, VOIP routing is default (unless you set specific rules on specific numbers). The issue is that the system (as I understand it) like many others, doesn't support time based dial plans.

The only way I can see to get around this is to use an external machine - such as a Linux server - to telnet in on a schedule and change the settings on the 2710Vn.

I believe that if a SIP account isn't set then the unit will drop back to PSTN - so my hope is to add a SIP acc using the cli voip command set when I want voip and then delete it when I want to drop back to PSTN.

Is anyone else doing this kind of thing?

Dan

• ianonline
  • Topic Author
More
05 Jan 2010 17:44 #6 by ianonline
You best bet is to dial #0 before dialing out and dial the number manually or find a phone which you can put a pause in between #0 and the number (about 2 secs to click over)

Life would be so much easier if in a firmware upgrade you could set a default as POTS or Voip by a selection box for users such as ourselves