DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Transfer external calls to an internal number

• timbelfall
  • Topic Author
More
08 Jan 2010 16:59 #1 by timbelfall
I have a IPPBX2820 using several VigorPhone 350 registered on the PBX. Draytel are providing the inbound SIP service.

I can transfer internal calls, and I can receive external calls, but I can't transfer an external call to another internal extension. I've tried using the PBX FAQ http://www.support.draytek.co.uk/ippbx/kb_ippbx_VigorPhone_Transfer.html

With no success. As soon as the forwarding handset puts down the receiver the external line gets closed. I'm using the latest firmware on the handset.

Can anybody suggest a reason why this is happening, or can't external calls be transferred?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jan 2010 14:04 #2 by d malone
Replied by d malone on topic Transfer external calls to an internal number
Firstly, I'm speaking from a position of ignorance since I have neither a IPPBX 2820 nor a VigorPhone 350, but I wonder if the following sequence works:

use the Hold soft key to put an external call on hold at the transferring extension, dial another extension and, when it answers, press the Transfer soft key. Does this last action transfer the external call to the second extension?

One other possibility might be to:

use the Hold soft key to put an external call on hold at the transferring extension, dial another extension and, when the it answers, press the Conference soft key. When all three parties are connected, hang-up at the transferring extension. Not entirely satisfactory I know but, if it works, it might be a useful work-around for the time being.

---
D Malone

• timbelfall
  • Topic Author
More
09 Jan 2010 18:53 #3 by timbelfall
Replied by timbelfall on topic Transfer external calls to an internal number
Excellent ideas, unfortunately I have just tried them and they don't work in this case. However the conf key does allow all three parties to be on the call, as soon as the transferring party puts the receiver down the external line is terminated.

Very frustrating.

• asimm.it
  • User
  • User
More
26 Jan 2010 11:03 #4 by asimm.it
Replied by asimm.it on topic Transfer external calls to an internal number
hi timbelfall,

Have you tried using the latest beta firmware on the IPPBX?
Some call transfer interoperability issues have been fixed with 3.5.4 RC3a.

http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/downloads.html

************************************************************************************

Release Notes for VigorIPPBX 2820

Firmware Version : 3.5.4 RC3a (Beta Version)
Release Date : January 22nd 2010
Build Date : January 7th 2010
Applicable Models : VigorIPPBX 2820
Locale : UK Only

************************************************************************************
Beta Firmware: This is a beta firmware version. Please report back all findings/comments
to support.

[Improvements and Corrections]
1. Callers do not need to press # to select an Auto-Attendant menu option
2. Call Barring method using URI/URL improved
3. Auto-provisioning now allows Extension Number and Display Name to be different
4. IVR Prompt upload now supported via Web Interface
5. Incoming Voicemail from external callers improved
6. Improvements to Auto-Attentant to correct situations where call wasn't being passed to
extension / hunt group
7. Improvements to Call Transfer interoperability with various IP phones
8. Added Attended Call Transfer support
9. Interoperability improvements for outgoing calls via SIP Trunk

[Known Issues]
1. ISDN Port 1 is currently unable to make / receive calls when set to TE mode.
Please use ISDN Port 2
2. The web based upgrade will incorrectly accept Vigor2820 firmware but this will render the
router inoperable until correct firmware has been loaded. Only use VigorIPPBX 2820 firmware
with VigorIPPBX 2820.
3. Interoperability issue with Call Transfer from Cisco 7940 IP Phone

More
26 Jan 2010 12:21 #5 by haywardi
Replied by haywardi on topic Transfer external calls to an internal number
Hi Asimm.it

A couple of quick questions.

1. I already run 3.5.4_RC3 (not the 'a' version) is this just a typo, or an actual new release of the firmware?

2. I'm struggling with configuring a 350 phone in a remote location. Talking to your support group there is a known issue that prevents a 350 working remotely and the only way to achieve it, for now, is that all sites that need a remote phone have to be connected via VPN. This is not a practical solution for us. Does this release contain a fix?

Thanks in advance

Iain

Iain

• timbelfall
  • Topic Author
More
26 Jan 2010 12:42 #6 by timbelfall
Replied by timbelfall on topic Transfer external calls to an internal number
Hi Iain

I have two 350's working remotely. The big problem I faced was that some routers will not allow the connection through correctly. Netgear was a real problem, as was trying to use a wireless bridge from another part of the building.

I am using the external internet facing IP address of the IPPBX as the SIP address of the 350.

Tim