Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2710Vn .. new unit, need some pointers.

• dannyboy1121
  • Topic Author
More
09 Jan 2010 20:57 #1 by dannyboy1121
2710Vn .. new unit, need some pointers. was created by dannyboy1121
Hi folks,

I've finally received my 2710Vn and it's an excellent piece of kit. Plenty of features to tweek etc. The wireless quality is a massive improvement on my previous kit and I'm synchronising at maximum rate with no drops or errors.

However ...

I've bought this for the voip aspect and I'm having a couple of issues - perhaps someone could help? I can work around these but the wife is less forgiving.

1 - No CLI (from reading the posts here it seems that this is an outstanding issues waiting for a firmware bug fix).

2 - I have a DECT plugged in to phone2. If I dial a number and click the button to make the call it seems that the timing is all out. Dialling happens straight away before the PSTN switch has engaged and I suspect that the start of the number gets chopped as a result.

If I hit the call button - wait for the switch to engage and then dial, it all works fine.

Slight technical issue here. Is there a way of introducing a dial out delay to avoid this problem? Any phone setting?

3 - When dialling out on PSTN I can correctly hear ringing in the receiver. With VOIP, although the phone rings at the far side - I hear nothing in the receiver. I don't know if it's ringing or engaged etc.

Any help appreciated.

Dan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2010 10:48 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic 2710Vn .. new unit, need some pointers.
I don't quite understand your description in No.2 ('engage' etc.).

The Vigor will default to using your VoIP account. To use PSTN line, you must dial #0 firstly (and wait half a second for the right dialtone) or have a digitmap rule to automatically use PSTN for certain numbers.

Forum Administrator

More
10 Jan 2010 13:17 #3 by d malone
Replied by d malone on topic 2710Vn .. new unit, need some pointers.
Re your point 3, when the called VoIP phone answers, do you get 2-way speech?

---
D Malone

• dannyboy1121
  • Topic Author
More
10 Jan 2010 17:51 #4 by dannyboy1121
Replied by dannyboy1121 on topic 2710Vn .. new unit, need some pointers.
Thanks for the responses.

Firstly - point 3 has been resolved. I had to register against nat.draytel.org for some reason but it's all working now. I didn't expect to have to do this directly from the router but have seen this on my line before outside of the draytek setup so not really surprised.

Regarding point two. To clarify. I can dial from my DECT two ways. 1 - Hit the call button (lift the receiver in effect) and dial - or 2 - Dial the number I want then hit the call button.

Doing it the second way doesn't appear to work. Where you say 'wait for the right dial tone', I understand that the unit is actually switching to PSTN at this point. I suspect that predialling the number and hitting call means the number is sent before the right dial tone happens so the first few numbers get missed if that makes sense?

However - I've started working on my digimap settings. I get some success here but not consistent. Some of the time I get PSTN working - other times I hear the two beeps, I hear the click of the switch engaging and then nothing. I appreciate that there's a lot involved here so it may need some fine tuning but again, advice or experience appreciated.

BTW .. is there a place for beta firmware for UK users? If there's a fix for the caller ID problem sitting in beta firmware, I'm keen to test it.

Dan