DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

dial plan pattern with wildcards on an IPPBX2820

• stpalme
  • Topic Author
More
14 Jan 2010 11:00 #1 by stpalme
Is there a way to use wildcards like "?" or "*" in the digit map setup? I want to route all four digit numbers over a specific interface and don't find any information in the manual nor in draytek dial plan howtos.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jan 2010 10:24 #2 by asimm.it
Hi stpalme,

I would imagine that any key that is available on your phone is usable so long as it emits a DTMF tone.

What four digit numbers are you refering to?

Digitmap will allow you to route calls based on numbers dialled and yes you can set these to terminate the call through a specific interface.

If you could provide some more information on what you are trying to achieve that would help provide a solution.

All the best

• stpalme
  • Topic Author
More
27 Jan 2010 11:04 #3 by stpalme

asimm.it wrote: Hi stpalme,

I would imagine that any key that is available on your phone is usable so long as it emits a DTMF tone.

What four digit numbers are you refering to?

Digitmap will allow you to route calls based on numbers dialled and yes you can set these to terminate the call through a specific interface.

If you could provide some more information on what you are trying to achieve that would help provide a solution.

All the best

Well it's for our branch office in France where they have a lot of public four digit numbers, e.g. 1016 for the Orange service, or the SNCF has one. I just want to route all these numbers via isdn. The Dialplan webinterface accepts only number and not any wildcard pattern.

More
27 Jan 2010 12:30 #4 by asimm.it
Firstly if your using a 4 digit internal extension number for the phones, I would consider changing that to either 3 or 5 digits as this will complicate things.

I would then forget about using a wildcard if your going to control these 4 digit numbers through the IPPBX Dial Plan digitmap and not individually on the actual phones digitmap.

Then you can either prefix the IPPBX with a single digit (the most common way of doing this is by using 9. Most standard telephone systems require the use of dialing 9 to access an outside line, even BT does this on their featureline product) and force all calls prefixed with 9 containing a min length of 5 digits to be stripped of the 9 by adding the 9 OP number and to route only to the ISDN1-TE or ISDN2-TE (i would use ISDN2-TE as the ISDN1-TE port has a known fault) Please note if using 9 that you might need to accomodate another digit map to call the emergency services e.g 999. You would then need to inform the users that if they want an outside ISDN line they have to dial 9 first.

Or you can just set the digitmap to look for min/max 4 digits with no prefix or OP number and tell it to route these over ISDN.

There is also the option of programming the 4 digit numbers in the phone book or speed dial.

Hope this helps

Lee

Moderators: Sami