Panasonic Softphone VOIP Problems

• rwaggers
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
22 Jan 2010 15:05 #1 by rwaggers
Panasonic Softphone VOIP Problems was created by rwaggers
This is one of those 'groping at straws' questions!

Here is our current setup:
We have a Head office and a remote shop. Each location has two routers - one for VOIP one for data.

In the head office we have a Panasonic PBX (KX-NCP500) and in the shop we have three Panasonic IP phones (KX-DT343). These are connected at each end by a Draytec 2820 router.

All works well!

However, I'm now trying to set up a Panasonic soft phone (for use by home workers when they get snowed in!). I establish a VPN into the Head Office Draytek and launch the phone. All is well when the soft phone wants to talk to the Head Office phones. When the softphone dials a shop extension, the shop can't hear any speach from the softphone user but the soft phone user can hear the shop.

(I do hope that all this is making sense so far!)

I have very little experience in VPN's, Drayteks and telephony, but it seems to me that this is a routing problem. Our telephone equipment supplier is investigating this but hasn't yet come up with an answer.

Has anyone come across a similar setup before and, if so, do you have any tips that a novice like me would understand?

Just to complicate matters slightly, the softphone user also uses a remote desktop connection to the head office.

Many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2010 15:20 #2 by swizzuk
Replied by swizzuk on topic Panasonic Softphone VOIP Problems
Did you get this resolved?

We use similar setups with Draytek and Panasonic.

Need to ensure where your users VPN into, that the gateway address of your PBX matches this.

We used a seperate router to connect our branch clinics, had to set each IP phone with its own unique IP and set its gateway to this router.

• asimm.it
  • User
  • User
More
28 Jun 2010 20:52 #3 by asimm.it
Replied by asimm.it on topic Panasonic Softphone VOIP Problems
have you tried using a STUN/Proxy server?

• rwaggers
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
10 Nov 2010 15:27 #4 by rwaggers
Replied by rwaggers on topic Panasonic Softphone VOIP Problems
Actually this was solved when we changed our ISP!

I've no idea why, but soon as we migrated to a new ISP everything worked.