DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

IPPBX 2820 voice prompt maintenance menu

• mactsk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 Jan 2010 11:04 #7 by mactsk
Replied by mactsk on topic IPPBX 2820 voice prompt maintenance menu
mmmmh maybe i found the problem, i have an analog phone connected to the 2820 that incidentally has the same **** configuration keys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mactsk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 Jan 2010 11:11 #8 by mactsk
The auto attendant wizard has only 2 pages, how they suppose i create the other sub menus?

More
12 Jan 2010 11:26 #9 by sruli
Replied by sruli on topic IPPBX 2820 voice prompt maintenance menu

mactsk wrote: The auto attendant wizard has only 2 pages, how they suppose i create the other sub menus?

i don't think it supports sub-menus. didnt see it in thefeatureslist.

• mactsk
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 Jan 2010 11:35 #10 by mactsk
in the link you provided (section III) it says it can be done, but also in his interface it seems it can't be done...

"To speak to Sales, dial 1
To speak to the Finance Department, dial 2

If the caller dial 2 then they are transferred to the Finance Department Hunt group, but if the caller dials 1 then a new prompt is played:

Sales Department,

To track the status of an order, please dial 3
If you would like to speak to a representative, please dial 4
To return to the main menu, please press 9"

More
12 Jan 2010 15:10 #11 by sruli
that answers your question, it is possible to make a sub menu but its not fully supported, in other words in total parent and child menus you can only have maximum 10 options, other limitations also exist, read on...

We have Auto Attandent (IVR) options 0-9 - Lets follow this example

The IVR answers and gives the following announcement.
"For sales dial 1, for accounts dial 2"
in the PBX system you configure, if caller dials 1 then forward to extention #101, if the caller dials 2 then play prompt, this promts announcement is
"for new accounts dial 3, for existing accounts dial 4"
on the system you configure if the caller dials 3 forward to extention #102, if the caller dials 4 then play prompt, this prompt announcement is "for payments dial 5, for all other account questions dial 6" in the system you configure if caller dials 5 forward to hunt group #111, if caller dials 6 forward to hunt group #112.

the 3 main points to keep in mind are;
1. you have a maximum of 10 options between all menus
2. each sub menu has to continue from the previous number used (if in the main menu you used option 0-4, then in the sub menu you only have options 5-9 available).
3. if the caller while at the main menu dials a number which is set for the sub menu it will forward to thet option. (for example main menu is 1= extention, 2 = play prompt, and you use options 3-5 for the sub menu, if at the main announcement the user dials 4 they will be put through to that even though they have not dialed 2 to come through to the sub menu)

as i wrote in the begining it doesnt fully support it, but you can trick it to work as if its a sub menu and it has its limitations as listed above.

More
12 Jan 2010 18:46 #12 by sruli
havn't used voicemail yet so can't say for sure, but i believe that when you dial in to listen to the voice mail you should have the option to record you own personal greeting