DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Remote extension on VigorIPPBX 2820, How?

• olejnik_uk
  • User
  • User
More
16 Feb 2010 19:31 #7 by olejnik_uk
Replied by olejnik_uk on topic Remote extension on VigorIPPBX 2820, How?

asimm.it wrote: hi rich,

I think this can only be currently achieved using over a VPN connection.

You just need as mentioned before, the WAN IP address of the router that is used by the PBX router. If you do not have a fixed IP like myself then, it can be done via a dynamic IP address. (www.dyndns.org)

I use it on a softphone that connects to the IPPBX remotely - just make sure that the User ID is the extension number@dyndns address i.e. 1001@dns.ath.cx with the extension you set up on the PBX, you would have set a password as well. This goes in the password box of the softphone.

Then, select proxy, and in the proxy settings address box, type your dyndns address i.e. dns.ath.cx.

Mine registers straight away. And, I can dial a different extension, which rings at the other end, however, at the moment, I cant hear or be heard - I am guessing this is a port issue at the moment and will get round to working on that.

Hope this helps

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cits_steve
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
02 Mar 2010 21:15 #8 by cits_steve
Replied by cits_steve on topic Remote extension on VigorIPPBX 2820, How?
Hi all
Got mine working by using a STUN server, works a treat.
I used the free stunserver.org

More
05 Mar 2010 00:13 #9 by sportbilly
Replied by sportbilly on topic Remote extension on VigorIPPBX 2820, How?

olejnik_uk wrote:

asimm.it wrote: hi rich,

I think this can only be currently achieved using over a VPN connection.

You just need as mentioned before, the WAN IP address of the router that is used by the PBX router. If you do not have a fixed IP like myself then, it can be done via a dynamic IP address. (www.dyndns.org)

I use it on a softphone that connects to the IPPBX remotely - just make sure that the User ID is the extension number@dyndns address i.e. 1001@dns.ath.cx with the extension you set up on the PBX, you would have set a password as well. This goes in the password box of the softphone.

Then, select proxy, and in the proxy settings address box, type your dyndns address i.e. dns.ath.cx.

Mine registers straight away. And, I can dial a different extension, which rings at the other end, however, at the moment, I cant hear or be heard - I am guessing this is a port issue at the moment and will get round to working on that.

Hope this helps

Can you explain more with regard to your settings...

I have a IPPBX setup on a dymanic public address, using a vigorphone on another site - I enter the registration ID (extension number), password and the current dymanic IP it's registered with, this works, when I change the IP to the dyndns name it then gives register denied. I understood you put your extension no (Reg ID) as 1001@myip.dns.org