DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

How do I set up a group voice mail account?

• timbelfall
  • Topic Author
More
08 Feb 2010 22:04 #1 by timbelfall
This may not possible, but I want to set up a default voice mail account on an IPPBX2820.

The situation is that inbound calls are set to simultaneously ring all the handsets in a group (the MD does not want to use the auto attendant). He wants it that if no one answers the call it goes to a voice mail account that any one can then pick up.

Problem one is that IPBX doesn't appear to be able to direct the calls to a default voice mail account if no one answers the call. Two, there appears no way to pick up voicemails from another internal number (eg extension 1010 can't dial into extension 1014's voice mail).

Any thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• asimm.it
  • User
  • User
More
10 Feb 2010 03:59 #2 by asimm.it
Replied by asimm.it on topic How do I set up a group voice mail account?
hi timbelfall,

If your using a single group for inbound calls could you just not try and configure multiple SIP accounts on each phone for all the different extensions?

That way all of the phones would be able to pick up voicemail by selecting the relevant account and hitting the voicemail button.

I'm not guaranteeing that this would work but it might be worth a punt configuring one of the phones to see if it had any issues with this.

As far as I know at present, what your trying to achieve is not currently possible with the current firmware.

Give it a shot and let us know the results!

• asimm.it
  • User
  • User
More
12 Feb 2010 01:10 #3 by asimm.it
hi tim,

I had a re-think about this one, not sure if it will work but here goes.

Create a new extension on the IPPBX (1099 or whatever you like) and enable voicemail for it. Configure Answer mode settings to divert offline calls to voicemail, busy to voicemail and no answer after 1 sec to voicemail.

Leave this extention (1099 or whatever) out of your hunt group.

Then (this is the bit I'm not sure about) Configure all phones with this additional SIP account.

I was thinking that you could just skip configuring all the phones with this extra account and just create an email distribution group such as everyone@domain.com or voicemail@domain.com and configuring this email address to forward to everyones email using your email server. You would then need to make sure that the Voicemail configuration was set up to use email and that the email address in this extention (1099 or whatever) was set to everyone@domain.com or voicemail@domain.com.

Would be interesting to see if this worked or if you found out another solution yourself or from draytek

• timbelfall
  • Topic Author
More
12 Feb 2010 22:37 #4 by timbelfall
Replied by timbelfall on topic How do I set up a group voice mail account?
Sounds intriguing, I'll give it a try. The only other solution I have come up with is to use a POTS answering machine on the analogue port, put that number on the group but set it to cut in at 30 seconds if no one answers. It has a remote access facility as well but no email of course.

Seems daft to do this so I'll give your suggestion a go.

• asimm.it
  • User
  • User
More
13 Feb 2010 14:43 #5 by asimm.it
forgot to mention that of course you would have to set the phones to divert to that extension (1099 or whatever) on no answer or busy