DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Two SIP accounts, 2 phones (2820Vn, v3.3.2.1)

• matmbl
  • Topic Author
More
26 Mar 2010 18:09 #1 by matmbl
Hi

I have 2 voip providers registered, 1 is draytel, 2 is my company sip. I have set voip1 to ring phone1 and voip2 to ring phone2 (I have no phone connected to phone2 socket). The problem is when I get an incoming call on voip2 it rings phone1.

Please help, as without this feature working I can not separate between business and personal calls (so the mrs will keep answering my work calls and I'll end up answering home calls which are never for me!!!).

--edit--

I've tried a few other issues and this seems a weird one. incoming calls on voip 1 does ring phone1, incoming calls on voip 2 rings phone1 (even though phone 2 is configured to ring). PSTN rings both (which is fine)!

Any suggestions?

Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• matmbl
  • Topic Author
More
21 Apr 2010 20:22 #2 by matmbl
sorted, rather "worked around".

problem is that incoming calls on my company sip sometimes come in as account 0 (PSTN line?) and sometimes as account 2 (company voip). As company voip was assigned to ring phone 2, when calls came in as account 0 it rang phone 1 (PSTN/Draytel) and when it came in as account 2 it rang phone 2. Why my company incoming randomly was assigned to account 0 or 2 I have no idea.

So, switching company sip to phone 1 and draytel to phone 2 plus swapping the order in the account list (company acc1, draytel acc2) plus upgrading to RC firmware from draytek support then downgrading back to 3.3.3 did the trick!!!!

You probably don't need to upgrade and downgrade but the order did (seem to) make a difference in the account list (just swapping the phone 1 & 2 didn't work!)

Matt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Sami