Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VOIP Over VPN

• pepps1976
  • Topic Author
More
26 May 2010 10:45 #1 by pepps1976
VOIP Over VPN was created by pepps1976
Hi All

I am using Draytek 2700 VG routers connected over VPN's to our main network, Each remote site has a hardware phone that connects to the main PBX over the VPN, is there a way i could dedicate a certain amount of bandwidth to the phone, because at the moment if the user is on the phone and he/She recieves an email the voice degrades and cuts out.

Thanks for any help

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jun 2010 21:37 #2 by reetp
Replied by reetp on topic Re: VOIP Over VPN

pepps1976 wrote: Hi All

I am using Draytek 2700 VG routers connected over VPN's to our main network, Each remote site has a hardware phone that connects to the main PBX over the VPN, is there a way i could dedicate a certain amount of bandwidth to the phone, because at the moment if the user is on the phone and he/She recieves an email the voice degrades and cuts out.

Similar situation with 2820 routers. Can you do QOS on a VPN link ??

More
16 Jun 2010 21:43 #3 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic VOIP Over VPN
On the 2700 series, no, since those don't support QoS, but if your main router supports QoS, then you can set up VPN classes for in & out traffic using the remote subnet IPs in the class settings.
This setup guide is for an old router but it should still be partially applicable:
http://draytek.com/user/SupportAppnotesDetail.php?ID=200

More
02 Aug 2010 16:30 #4 by reetp
Replied by reetp on topic VOIP Over VPN

Voodle wrote: On the 2700 series, no, since those don't support QoS, but if your main router supports QoS, then you can set up VPN classes for in & out traffic using the remote subnet IPs in the class settings.
This setup guide is for an old router but it should still be partially applicable:
http://draytek.com/user/SupportAppnotesDetail.php?ID=200

Thanks for the help. I think that I am right in saying that the only problem with this is that it applies to ANY VPN traffic and doesn't differentiate between say VOIP or HTTP ?