Analogue phone - no dial tone?

• brainier
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
29 Jul 2010 12:41 #1 by brainier
Analogue phone - no dial tone? was created by brainier
I want to record a replacement voicemail greeting and replacement auto attendant greetings.

I have not succeeded in uploading a wav file recording (upload is too quick for the 93kb file and results in a 1kb file if I download it again - and this then causes users to disconnect when the auto attendent is played) so I have to plug in an analogue phone - but this does not work either.

I have a standard BT analogue wired phone, which works fine on the BT line (gets a dialtone) but when plugged into the phone socket on the 2820IPPBX with a standard ADSL modem cable (rather than the standard BT cable, as that has the wrong - UK - end) I get no signal, and so nothing happens when I dial **** to start the prompt maintenance menus.

Anyone got any ideas?

Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2010 21:01 #2 by baron
Replied by baron on topic Re: Analogue phone - no dial tone?

brainier wrote: I want to record a replacement voicemail greeting and replacement auto attendant greetings.

I have not succeeded in uploading a wav file recording (upload is too quick for the 93kb file and results in a 1kb file if I download it again - and this then causes users to disconnect when the auto attendent is played) so I have to plug in an analogue phone - but this does not work either.

I have a standard BT analogue wired phone, which works fine on the BT line (gets a dialtone) but when plugged into the phone socket on the 2820IPPBX with a standard ADSL modem cable (rather than the standard BT cable, as that has the wrong - UK - end) I get no signal, and so nothing happens when I dial **** to start the prompt maintenance menus.

Anyone got any ideas?

Brian

Try a different cable.

I had hours of wasted time with a cable that tested and worked fine with everything, but when plugged in to the front panel, just failed to work.

More
25 Aug 2010 01:01 #3 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Analogue phone - no dial tone?
Standard modem cable probably isn't correct wiring if the phone is expecting UK tyle pins 3/5... But the router should come with a RJ11 to BT converter. If yours didn't check with your dealer.

Forum Administrator

• brainier
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Aug 2010 10:51 #4 by brainier
Replied by brainier on topic Analogue phone - no dial tone?
In the end I had to factory reset the device and then it all worked fine. I was able to upload recording without the device giving up the conversion at 1Kb and I found in another box the RJ11/BT convertor and I was able to get a dial tone too.