DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Grandstream phone looses registration

• stevenball
  • Topic Author
More
29 Jul 2010 17:37 #1 by stevenball
Grandstream phone looses registration was created by stevenball
Since upgrade the firmware on my 2820, my Grandstream phones seems to loose it's registration with my SIP provider, any attempts to reboot the phone doesn't work.

The only way to get the phone to register is to reboot the router. So I'm guessing the NAT is getting confused or lost.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2010 11:27 #2 by mph

stevenball wrote: Since upgrade the firmware on my 2820, my Grandstream phones seems to loose it's registration with my SIP provider, any attempts to reboot the phone doesn't work.

The only way to get the phone to register is to reboot the router. So I'm guessing the NAT is getting confused or lost.

FYI I've had a nightmare of a time with Grandstream / Draytek [2800/2820] / Gradwell combination. Finger pointing is tricky, but Gradwell no longer sell Grandstream - read into that what you will.

• stevenball
  • Topic Author
More
02 Aug 2010 18:35 #3 by stevenball
Replied by stevenball on topic Grandstream phone looses registration
Hi, as an aside did you ever get QOS working properly ?

More
02 Aug 2010 19:14 #4 by mph
Replied by mph on topic Grandstream phone looses registration
Definitely with the 2800: set the Grandstream to 46 and create a QoS class EF on the Draytek. I only set it to outbound. I'd have to check the 2820 is working ok. FYI Snom don't seem to work with just EF but I haven't worked out what they need yet.