DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

PSTN Caller ID on 2820Vn

More
16 Nov 2010 10:22 #7 by alexwren
Replied by alexwren on topic PSTN Caller ID on 2820Vn

plandregan wrote: Yes I can confirm I get CLID from both VOIP and PSTN. Its the latest version downloaded a couple of weeks ago. I am not at home at the moment so cant see the number.

I just cant actually use the PSTN line, as it drops after 5 secs either incoming or outgoing

I am using

Firmware Version : 3.3.4_232201
Build Date/Time : Jun 15 2010 10:38:10

I can see that there is the newer versiom released 4th October 2010 although I must say if you are experiencing call drops i am not so keen to upgrade. Do you know if this is a reported issue or just something you are experiencing?

Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2010 10:28 #8 by alexwren

plandregan wrote: Yes I can confirm I get CLID from both VOIP and PSTN. Its the latest version downloaded a couple of weeks ago. I am not at home at the moment so cant see the number.

I just cant actually use the PSTN line, as it drops after 5 secs either incoming or outgoing

Out of interest did you upgrade or install from scratch? The release notes mention that it is best to install from scratch so maybe this is worth looking into?

http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/download/readme_v2820.txt

More
16 Nov 2010 10:47 #9 by plandregan
Replied by plandregan on topic PSTN Caller ID on 2820Vn
I upgraded. however the PSTN hasn't worked in the last 2 versions of firmware. No idea why it stopped. It used to work then one day it stopped. So went to see if there was a new firmware installed it and made no difference.

#0 gets you the PSTN dial tone as expected, then after 5 secs it clicks back to VOIP. Same for incoming, someone calls, you get the number on the phone, you answer and after 5 secs it clicks back to VOIP and the PSTN is dropped.

Tried everything, increasing gain, different phone line, different house, even used the line from phone 2 into the PSTN input just to isolate my phone line. Its not the line, its the router. Like tech support say, its like the router cant hear the dial tone and shut it off, but I do hear it. Short of a re-install from scratch and re-setting up all the firewall stuff I give up.

The sole reason why I got this router was the PSTN pass though, if I had known it was not working or was unreliable, i would have stuck with my 2800VG

More
10 Dec 2010 12:42 #10 by hectyre
Replied by hectyre on topic PSTN Caller ID on 2820Vn
Hello,

I was just wondering if any of you managed to get this working and how. I'd really like to use VOIP but if it's not going to show a callers id through PSTN I'll do without it for now.

More
10 Dec 2010 19:31 #11 by alexwren
I have just a complete fresh firmware upgrade and it has not helped with the lack of callerID on PSTN in calls.

Darn

Moderators: Sami