Analogue Extension vs 350 Handset

• tealondon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
24 Aug 2010 07:36 #1 by tealondon
Analogue Extension vs 350 Handset was created by tealondon
I have a client that wants to make use of a fairly large number of analogue handsets, well DECT phones to be specific. I am trying to work out what the possible downsides or restrictions on features would be if we had to install a Draytek IPPX. The client only wants about 10% of the extensions to be wired in, and thus only a few 350 handsets would be required.

Other than obvious - such as display messages and softkeys, what features are lost when an using an analogue handset as an extension?

Can you for example, with an analogue handset:

1. Transfer calls internally
2. Listen to voicemail
3. initiate multi-party calls
4. Forward calls

Call transference would be the most pertinent feature. Thus far all documentation points to a softkey that is pressed on the 350 to transfer the call... so no real clues are provided as to whether this is possible with analogue handsets.

If it is possible to transfer a call, is it a simple matter of dialling the extension and # during an active call?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Aug 2010 00:56 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Analogue Extension vs 350 Handset
You probably have to press recall, ext. no, # and then either announce the call and then hang up (or hang up right away for blind transfer) but it will depend on what the analogue port is being provided by. I guess you'd use a VigorTalk ATA-24 or equivalent.

Forum Administrator

• tealondon
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
25 Aug 2010 07:19 #3 by tealondon
Replied by tealondon on topic Analogue Extension vs 350 Handset
Yes indeed, assume I am using an ATA-24, and IPPBX2820 in this scenario.

Most of the in-call procedures in the documentation and training materials refere to pressing softkeys on the 350 handset, so no real advise or clear instructions is present on handling calls received on analogue phones, despite the fact that Draytek have gone to some pains to develop and ensure these handsets can be integrated into the VoIP PBX. Other than being able to make use of the SIP truks/ISDN lines, I would hope that analogue phones can do further functions that the IPPBX offers, however, like your reply, this is based on assumption... in other words you can probably do this, and the sequence is likely this, but there is no firm procedures or confirmation for this.

I would have hoped that Draytek would document what features can be used on analogue handsets and as importantly, how you execute/access these features.