DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Firmware 3.5.5.232201

More
03 Oct 2010 17:15 #1 by mjh
Firmware 3.5.5.232201 was created by mjh
Hi,

I've just purchased a IPPBX2820n and I'm pretty impressed with the features so far.

Yesterday I upgrade the firmware to 3.5.5.232201 as I understand from the posts I've read that it will enable me to make & receive calls from POTS from the IP phones.

I'm new to all this so I may be mis-understanding the new 3.5.5 functionality but I've read a lot of the posts on here and I think I have seen a message saying this is now possible.

I've registered with draytel and the SIP side is working well.

What I am struggling with is how to set the new options on 3.5.5 to enable this the call routing to the POTS line.

Outgoing calls from POTS
On the IP PBX>>Extension Profile screen I have ticked the new "PSTN option for outgoing calls" for the extensions I am using.

On the IB PBX>>Dial Plan>>Digit Map screen I can't see a way to associate a dial prefix (say 9) with routing to POTS. The only options under the 'ROUTE' heading are ISDN2-TE or SIP profiles set up under the SIP Trunk (IP PBX>>Line Setting).

Incoming calls from POTS
With 3.5.5 I now have a new option under IP PBX>>Line Setting called PSTN Trunk. The default Trunk number under here is 902 and I set the options for Calls in office hours and calls outside office hours to route to extension 102 (reception) but when I call the external POTS phone number extension 102 doesn't ring.

I'm going back through the updated 3.5.5 user guide to see if I've missed anything but I would really appreciate any pointers.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Oct 2010 20:27 #2 by mjh
Replied by mjh on topic Firmware 3.5.5.232201
Ah, some progress.

I've just found that if I enter "902" and wait for a couple of seconds I get the "POTS" dial tone and I can then dial out. :)

Although it works from the analog port (x901), from the IP phones I get the dial tone after entering "902" but any number after that seems to get ignored.

More
06 Oct 2010 14:42 #3 by letic
Replied by letic on topic Firmware 3.5.5.232201
Open a ticket with the support. That's what I did as well.

Maybe if they see more people having the same issue they will fix it in the next firmware.

This is the answer I got the last time, I cannot test until I found a RJ11 splitter so if you have one please do the test :

Hello Anthony,

It seems like problem with DTMF when dialing certain numbers.I would
like you to do one testing.

Please connect any analog phone to micro filter directly connect to BT
socket.So that one filter socket/line going to IPPBX & other is
connected to phone.

Then turn on the microphone(if these is any) on analog phone & hear
the number dialing from IP phone 350 from 1 to 0 slowly.Record this if
possible or check your self that all the numbers must have different
tone.

Regards,

More
06 Oct 2010 19:28 #4 by mjh
Replied by mjh on topic Firmware 3.5.5.232201
I might be able to help you there.

The problem with the numbers being ignored after getting on the PSTN line (x902#), was down to a setting on the phones.

I'm using Cisco Linksys SPA962s and there is a setting called DTMF Tx Method (user Ext1 tab on admin login/Advanced).

This was set to "AUTO" and changing this to "Inband+INFO" let the tones pass though so I can now dial out onto the PSTN line from the IP phones :D

BUT, I now have a really bad echo when dialling out :(

Draytek support advised that to get rid of it I should earth the silver bit of the supplied LAN cable (between the IP PBX and the switch). I have done this but the problem remains.

I think it may be a setting on the IP phones and I'm progressing this with support. I'll let you know when I get it fixed.

I've also fixed the problem with the incoming PSTN calls not being routed to the IP Phones. It just need a reboot and it works fine now (setting under Line Setting>> PSTN Trunk)