DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Set 2710vn to ring PSTN on one line only

• jawolf
  • Topic Author
More
06 Oct 2010 01:48 #1 by jawolf
Hi, this is my first post and I have looked through the forums but I am unable to find an answer...

Now, my problem is that, my phone being connected to the 2nd phone port, is in use, using Voip. It connects no problem, but then when I get an incoming call, to my PSTN line, it can't ring my phone as I am using it, but the caller does not get an engaged tone, only hearing a continual ringing tone.

Is there a way to stop this and give an engaged tone when the phone is in use??

I am aware, that I could connect a second telephone to port one, but is it possible to give an engaged tone when the phone is in use......for either PSTN or VOIP?

I have the latest Firmware and the router is working great, apart from lack of Caller ID...(I know we are all waiting for Vigor to fix it)

Hope someone can help me, as it will stop my wife complaining and accusing me of being out when I am just on the other line!!! :wink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jan 2011 16:23 #2 by moggsie
Replied by moggsie on topic PHone 2 PSTN Ring
Not sure if you still need an answer to this one, but I too found that my DECT phone plugged into Phone2 would not ring when receiving call from PSTN

Guess what, you may have to TELNET into the router and issue the following command to turn on the rings....

> voip dsp pstnringfxs 2 on

Nice one Draytek !!!

Top documentation :evil:

• jawolf
  • Topic Author
More
03 Jan 2011 17:39 #3 by jawolf
Replied by jawolf on topic Set 2710vn to ring PSTN on one line only
Thanks Moggsie,
I will keep this information to hand. At the moment I have resorted to plugging in an old corded phone, so at least I am aware if someone calls whilst on my VOIP line.

Moderators: Sami