DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytek Vigor2820 IPPBX use with Zen Business Talk

• oliver.vickers
  • Topic Author
More
11 Nov 2010 13:53 #1 by oliver.vickers
We have a 2820 IPPBX that we are trying to get working with Zen's broadband talk package.

We have configured the PBX as per Zen's instructions and it has registered successfully with their SIP trunk. The telephone number associated with the account can make and receive calls without a problem.

We have purchased an additional 9 numbers from Zen, which they are routing to the IP address of our PBX. We have configured aliases in the PBX for each of these extensions, however none of them work. Dialling in to them just gets a message saying the call cannot be connected.

Zen's technical support have told me that this is because when we try to use the additional numbers, our PBX is issuing an authentication challenge, which Zen do not respond to and so the call is not connected.

A call to Draytek suggested that setting alias numbers for the additional lines will stop the authentication challenges being sent, however, these are set and the problem still exists.

Is there a way to get the PBX to stop sending the authentication challenges all together? I have searched through endless menu's in the PBX's web interface and not been able to find any settings to do this.

Additionally, how do you turn on logging on the PBX? I would like to be able to monitor the SIP exchanges between the SIP trunk and the PBX if possible.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2011 18:49 #2 by asimm.it
hi ollie,

Just to understand your configuration a bit, have you configured how your alias numbers are to be handled by the ippbx i.e you have configure your sip trunk to Zen Business Talk and have routed incoming calls for that initial trunk you have to either auto attendant or forward to extention or group.

So have you told the ippbx how to handle calls for these aliases as well?

(From within the IPPBX > Line Setting > SIP Trunk > Alias List [at the bottom left of the index tables])

• oliver.vickers
  • Topic Author
More
18 Jan 2011 15:11 #3 by oliver.vickers
Replied by oliver.vickers on topic Draytek Vigor2820 IPPBX use with Zen Business Talk
Hi Lee,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately there was no real solution to this. Zen claimed the calls were being put through and the draytek pbx wasnt handling them properly, whilst draytek said (and showed me the logs to prove) that they never received the calls.

In the end we ditched zen's service and signed up with draytel as we couldnt afford the time it would have taken to work out quite where the fault lay. For what its worth the draytel solution worked straight away.

More
18 Jan 2011 21:51 #4 by asimm.it
Hi Ollie,

That's a real shame, hopefully you managed to port or forward your incoming sip numbers to draytel.

Thanks for the update anyway, out of curiosity did you migrate your broadband to draytel too?

• oliver.vickers
  • Topic Author
More
19 Jan 2011 12:44 #5 by oliver.vickers
Replied by oliver.vickers on topic Draytek Vigor2820 IPPBX use with Zen Business Talk
No, the broadband is still with Zen. We had a one month rolling contract with Zen for the VOIP lines, so thankfully the cost implications were minimal. Fortunately the external numbers hadnt been published yet, so we just ditched the Zen ones and got a new set of numbers from Draytel

Moderators: Sami