Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

IPPBX 2820 with Draytel

• responseit
  • Topic Author
More
23 Nov 2010 17:05 #1 by responseit
IPPBX 2820 with Draytel was created by responseit
Hi,

We have an Draytek IPPBX 2820 with Draytel SIP.

I have it configured and the SIP trunks are registered and I can make calls in and out. However, it takes 4.5 seconds from dialing the trunk number to getting a dial tone. Does anyone know why this is taking so long? Is there a way to speed up.

Also, the call quality on inbound calls is terrible. Any ideas why this maybe the case?

Thanks,
Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2010 11:15 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic IPPBX 2820 with Draytel
What do ypou mean by dialling the trunk number?

Surely you just lift your handset and dial the destination, or are you using some special dialplan rules ?

Call quality - what type of internet connection do you have ?

Forum Administrator

• responseit
  • Topic Author
More
24 Nov 2010 17:17 #3 by responseit
Replied by responseit on topic IPPBX 2820 with Draytel
Hi,

Each SIP has a trunk number. I've allocated 8 to the draytel sip so 8 gives me an outside line. Without dialling 8 all calls are handled internally.

Network connection is ADSL2+ and it is certainly upto the task. I've other VOIP equipment behind it and no issues with those.

Also, call quality problems only occur on inbound calls, not outbound.

Thanks,
Joe

More
27 Nov 2010 02:50 #4 by admin
Replied by admin on topic IPPBX 2820 with Draytel
You mean you have multiple registrars and use a dialplan to create a short code to select which of the SIP trunks you want to use? I don't think you mean that, so dialling an external number is the same process for dialling an extension.

I'm not sure you should expect a secondary dialtone, ever.

Forum Administrator

More
15 Jan 2011 18:31 #5 by asimm.it
Replied by asimm.it on topic Re: IPPBX 2820 with Draytel

responseit wrote: Hi,

We have an Draytek IPPBX 2820 with Draytel SIP.

I have it configured and the SIP trunks are registered and I can make calls in and out. However, it takes 4.5 seconds from dialing the trunk number to getting a dial tone. Does anyone know why this is taking so long? Is there a way to speed up.

hi responseit,

dial your trunk number then hit the # key it should give you an immediate dial tone.

if you set up your digitmaps or dialplans then there would be no need to dial the trunk, however it is sometimes handy if you know which trunk/provider that you want to use to just smply dial the trunk numbers directly before the destination number however the ippbx needs to know you want to do this and that can be achieved as stated above by simply pressing the # key.

Hope that helps.

Moderators: Sami