DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

One way audio with 2710VDn

• andrewdunn
  • Topic Author
More
01 Dec 2010 17:27 #1 by andrewdunn
One way audio with 2710VDn was created by andrewdunn
I just got a 2710VDn and trying to set up SIP. It works OK for outgoing VOIP calls, but for incoming VOIP calls I always get a one way audio connection. I can hear the remote caller, but they can not hear me. It's the same problem no matter if I answer the call on a normal phone connected to the FXS port or if I answer on a DECT phone registered to the 2710VDn.

I have tried different firmware (V3.3.6+AnnexA_232201, 211011, 243601), but get the same problem with all of them.

Did anyone else manage to get SIP working properly on the 2710VDn? Does anyone have any advice?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2010 18:47 #2 by candl
Replied by candl on topic One way audio with 2710VDn
One way audio is usually a NAT problem associated with using an ATA with a separate router. The 2710V shouldn't really have a problem as its an integrated ATA/Router.
Seeing as it seems to be OK with outgoing calls my only suggestion is to perhaps experiment with different default codecs, maybe there is a problem with codec negotiation with incoming calls ( although you would have expected that to affect audio in both directions).

More
01 Dec 2010 21:04 #3 by dannyboy1121
Replied by dannyboy1121 on topic One way audio with 2710VDn
I had all kinds of issues when I first set up my 2710Vn. I experienced the same thing at first with my Draytel account and I ended up having to configure it with the nat address.

A few months down the line - 'something' changed and it all started working without nat. Go figure.

Dan