DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2710VDn DECT limited functionality

• nathanbn
  • Topic Author
More
07 Feb 2011 20:26 #1 by nathanbn
2710VDn DECT limited functionality was created by nathanbn
Finally seduced into upgrading from our trusty 2600 when I saw the DECT feature added to the 2710Vn

Having problems getting it working fully with two different DECT phones. The phones register and can make and receive calls (minor detail, one rings continuously rather than "ring-ring" for incoming calls)

But pressing buttons to select menu options on calls has no effect. The tone for each key is not being sent. Can't use voicemail, etc. etc.

And no caller ID. Phone date/time not getting set. Phone "ID" not being sent (they used to each display which line they were on)

One is a Panasonic KX-TCA158 (10 years old?) the other a Philips DECT 525 (5 years?)

I've tried all four different DTMF settings for each phone

What have I missed?
Is there a big deal about DECT compatibility?

nathan
Vigor 2710VDn (was 2600VG :))

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Feb 2011 20:13 #2 by dannyboy1121
Replied by dannyboy1121 on topic 2710VDn DECT limited functionality
I didn't even realise that the VDn had been released in this country.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on.

Dan

• nathanbn
  • Topic Author
More
10 Feb 2011 11:58 #3 by nathanbn
Replied by nathanbn on topic 2710VDn DECT limited functionality
Yes, looks like it's pretty new to market given I've not found user reviews anywhere

But, much as I like Draytek, I am beginning to wonder if the VDn might be a mistake. Or at least in those early debug days of a new feature?

Tech support have suggested up'ing the Mic Gain to max which didn't help

They pointed to the supported phones list
(http://www.draytek.com/user/SupportFAQDetail.php?ID=1915)

I've looked for all the Philips, Panasonic and Siemens on that page and not one is currently for sale on Amazon. Some are listed as "First available 2006" so similar vintage to one of mine

I've found the manual for my Philips, online, and confirmed that it is GAP compliant

So it does look like DECT is a non-starter so far. The phones do the basic register and make and receive calls but without touch-tones we can't use voicemail nor any other automated phone services

Is anyone out there successfully using Draytek DECT?

We're on Sipgate for service, fwtw

Anyone know if I can put a splitter on the single POTS port on the 2710VDn so I can go back to plugging in both the old base stations?

I'm still willing to put time into researching this with support, hopefully they are too

nathan
Vigor 2710VDn (was 2600VG :))

More
11 Feb 2011 12:01 #4 by dannyboy1121
Replied by dannyboy1121 on topic 2710VDn DECT limited functionality
I know Fritzbox also have routers that double as DECT base stations. I really liked the idea but was put off after reading about similar issues.

I just plumb my dect base directly in to my 2710 Vn and it works without issues.

Dan

More
12 Jun 2011 18:02 #5 by normandilley
Replied by normandilley on topic Re: 2710VDn DECT limited functionality
Hi Just got my 2710VDn and had some interesting moments with it.
I have registered one of a pair of my DECT phones which is a Panasonic TCA151EM and that does seem to work ok.
However I can see the funtionality of the phone is reduced, with no time display and a few other things, but I am presuming this is because that information was sent from the Panasonic base station, which of course it is no longer registered with. I am surprised the router cant send this information to the phone but perhaps it isnt designed to.
As far as using the tones, mine seems to be fine but I did alter the phone INBOUND setting to OUTBOUND.
I have disabled the phone port as I want one phone to always only be an ordinary phone.
Hope you get yours going, if I can help by sharing any settings let me know.

More
13 Jun 2011 17:40 #6 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: 2710VDn DECT limited functionality
The VDN has been out for a while now and should work okay so do persevere and ask support if you need help.

Forum Administrator