DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VigorPhone 350 crash with 2820 !PPBX

• jason@espprojects.co.uk
  • Topic Author
More
18 Feb 2011 10:09 #1 by jason@espprojects.co.uk
VigorPhone 350 crash with 2820 !PPBX was created by jason@espprojects.co.uk
We are setting up 5 VigorPhone 350 IP Phones with an IPPBX2820. We have the IPPBX configured with 2 extensions, 101 and 102. When we turn the phones on and connect to the network, we get prompted for an extension number and then the password for it, but when the password is entered, the phone just freezes. Are we doing this right? The configuration page for the phone is still accessible while the phone is in this crashed state, but it doesn't respond to any of the buttons on the phones.

The phone is advertised as "Auto Provisioning". Does anyone know what this means?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• macavity
  • User
  • User
More
20 Feb 2011 22:18 #2 by macavity
Replied by macavity on topic VigorPhone 350 crash with 2820 !PPBX
Is the VigorIPPBX mngt on port 80? I think that auto-provisioning has an issue if the mngt port is different. The phones could still be setup manually, just cancel rather than entering the user/pwd and then log into the web interface.

• jason@espprojects.co.uk
  • Topic Author
More
09 Jun 2011 14:21 #3 by jason@espprojects.co.uk
Replied by jason@espprojects.co.uk on topic Re: VigorPhone 350 crash with 2820 !PPBX
Hi,

Sorry to have not posted a reply to this, i thought I had done it ages ago but obviously not. This solved the problem, the management port was set to something different. We don't like to leave the router on port80 so decided not to use auto provisioning....

Thanks

More
10 Jun 2011 11:54 #4 by mpwox11
Replied by mpwox11 on topic Re: VigorPhone 350 crash with 2820 !PPBX
I found auto provisioning to be not worth doing. If a phone is auto provisioned and then later you change the SIP account in the setup, it will always override this saved setup and revert back to the initial auto provisioned SIP account if the phone is ever rebooted. I found the only way out of this is to factory reset the phone.

It can be a right pain if this happens when you've left the install site!!