Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

ISDN2 and DDI

• orbit
  • Topic Author
More
25 Feb 2011 19:00 #1 by orbit
ISDN2 and DDI was created by orbit
Hi,
just trialling IP PBX as a possible for smaller customers. I've a few questions if anyone can help.

Can we use 2 x ISDN2 (4 channel) and normal DDI (from BT) with IPPBX? I know it has 2 ISDN interfaces and just want to know this works with BT.
Can we use the analogue phone port to connect a fax and have one of the DDI routed to this?
Is it possible for each individual extenion to have its own voicemail greeting or is there just the single global prompt?

many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2011 23:06 #2 by asimm.it
Replied by asimm.it on topic Re: ISDN2 and DDI
Hi orbit,

you can use 2 ISDN2e channels, but there may be an issue when all 4 channels are in use with the current firmware. As for BT, yes it should work with any ISDN2e BRI circuit provided by either BT retail directly or via any other BT wholesale provider (via OpenReach).

Not sure about the fax on the phone port, this would need to be verified or tested. I do know that the phone port has an extension so theoretically you could program one of the DDI's (MSN) to forward/ring an extension on the ippbx.

Currently you can have individual voicemail but it is answered as a global message and as far as I am aware it is not currently personisable for the individual user.

Hope that helps!

• orbit
  • Topic Author
More
02 Mar 2011 09:55 #3 by orbit
Replied by orbit on topic Re: ISDN2 and DDI
Hi,
thats a huge help, many thanks. Have you trialled it using 4 channels of ISDN or could you give any more detail on what you've seen there? - the dual BRI ports are one of the main reasons we've been looking at it.

thanks again.

More
18 Mar 2011 15:05 #4 by asimm.it
Replied by asimm.it on topic Re: ISDN2 and DDI
Hi Orbit,

Sorry for the late reply!

To answer your question, no we have not used it with 4 channels, we have opted to stay with the 2 channels and use SIP channels for expansion (it's more cost effective).

I know that there were one or 2 issues when all 4 channels were in use with the latest firmware.

All the best

Moderators: Sami