Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Custom voicemail for each extension

• boaber22
  • Topic Author
More
02 Mar 2011 09:13 #1 by boaber22
Custom voicemail for each extension was created by boaber22
Hi All,

Is it possible to record a personal voicemail greeting for your own extension, something like "Hi you've reached the voicemail of Mr Smith, sorry Im currently inavaialble, please leave a message after the tone" ?

Or is the voicemail prompt that you set the same across the board for everyones extension?

Would be grateful if anyone can shine some light on this and if its possible, how do you record the personal greeting? So far Ive only seen posts that tell you how to program everything with an analogue phone, is there any way to program the IVR or voicemail another way without the analogue phone?

Best Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Mar 2011 09:41 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Custom voicemail for each extension
It's not possible currently but that's a feature due in next firmware.

Forum Administrator

• boaber22
  • Topic Author
More
09 Mar 2011 15:35 #3 by boaber22
Replied by boaber22 on topic Re: Custom voicemail for each extension
Thank you very much for this information.

Do you know if there is any other method to programming the IVR on the ip pbx 2820 except using an analogue phone?

Best Regards

• macavity
  • User
  • User
More
09 Mar 2011 22:29 #4 by macavity
Replied by macavity on topic Re: Custom voicemail for each extension
You can use the voiceprompt utility to upload the prompts. I find the voice quality is crystal clear if the wav file is converted to G711 before upload.

The utility is in the downloads section

• boaber22
  • Topic Author
More
10 Mar 2011 09:35 #5 by boaber22
Replied by boaber22 on topic Re: Custom voicemail for each extension
Thanks very much,

I've been having a look at how to convert the wav's to g711. I think Ive made the mistake of compling and uploading the defualt system prompt wavs into the IVR without converting first and now they sound terrible and "fuzzy" on the system when using the phones.

I thought a factory reset would fix this and load the default ones in their original format bit it doesnt seem to have done so.

Luckily I still have a copy of the default system prompt wav files, how would I go about converting these to g711 so I can upload them to the IVR again so that they are clearer again? Is there a program that could do this? I've tried using Audacity and Sound Forge to achieve this but there doesnt seem to be a way of exporting a wav file to G711, there was however an option to convert to GSM (Mobile) in Audacity. Dont know if this is suitable.

• macavity
  • User
  • User
More
10 Mar 2011 10:09 #6 by macavity
Replied by macavity on topic Re: Custom voicemail for each extension
WinXP's Sound recorder can do the trick, using Save As I use CCITT A-Law 8kHz,8bit,mono