Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Some questions about the 3510

• deicist
  • Topic Author
More
04 Apr 2011 10:10 #1 by deicist
Some questions about the 3510 was created by deicist
Hi All,

I have a demonstration 3510 unit which I'm attempting to setup here in the office to demo to potential customers. However I have a few questions / issues:

1) Is there any information about what settings should be used on commonly available VOIP handsets to get them to connect to the PBX? For example we're using Grandstream GXP2000s in the office and I've been unable to get them to register with the PBX.

2) After looking at the call attendent features, there doesn't appear to be a way to play a message when someone dials in, then connect to a hunt group (without any user intervention). This is something we have set up on our current trixbox implementation. Someone rings the office, they get a short message (saying 'welcome to companyname, please wait while we connect you'). Is this something that can be configured on the 3510?

3) Conference calls. I can't see anything in the options about setting up conference calls on this thing... is it possible? Planned for future firmware?

I think that's about it for now, I'm sure I'll find other questions as I investigate this product.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2011 11:18 #2 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: Some questions about the 3510
1. Shouldn't be a problem but I don't know that phone setup specifically.

2. You just have the queue/group number as the destination for that option.

3. Not currently supported.

Forum Administrator

• deicist
  • Topic Author
More
04 Apr 2011 12:58 #3 by deicist
Replied by deicist on topic Re: Some questions about the 3510
thanks for your response,

More generally are there any instructions anywhere for setting up phones other than draytek's own with the 3510?

my handsets have all kinds of settings to do with transport (UDP or TCP) and loads more and I can't find anything in the documentation for the 3510 dealing with this sort of thing. I'm moving from an asterisk based system and, compared to the wealth of information available for Asterisk the documentation for the VOIP side of things on the 3510 is pretty limited.