DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

3510, no interfaces showing in digit map?

• deicist
  • Topic Author
More
15 Apr 2011 10:12 #1 by deicist
Hello all,

Still trying to get to grips with configuring my PBX3510, and run into another issue.

I have 4 PSTN lines configured (all enabled under Line Setting->PSTN), but when I go into dial plan->digit map they're not showing in the drop down for 'interface'.

How can I assign digit maps to these interfaces?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2011 08:34 #2 by admin
Do the interfaces otherwise work? I think they have to be in the left or right socket if you have only one module.

Forum Administrator

• deicist
  • Topic Author
More
04 May 2011 14:23 #3 by deicist
Replied by deicist on topic Re: 3510, no interfaces showing in digit map?
I sorted this out by raising a support ticket.

The firmware I was using didn't support the FX0 module.

The beta(?) firmware support sent me fixed this.

To be honest, this is pretty poor considering this is supposed to be a finished product. So far I have had to install 2 new firmware releases just to get core functionality working. It doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence.

More
04 May 2011 14:37 #4 by admin
I think the release firmware did always support the analogue modules (but not the ISDN ones) but maybe you had very old firmware which was issued pre-product release.

Forum Administrator

• deicist
  • Topic Author
More
04 May 2011 15:19 #5 by deicist
Replied by deicist on topic Re: 3510, no interfaces showing in digit map?

admin wrote: I think the release firmware did always support the analogue modules (but not the ISDN ones) but maybe you had very old firmware which was issued pre-product release.

No, the original firmware that came with the box supported the FXO module (under 'trunks') but didn't show it in 'digit map'. I then upgraded to the latest stable firmware and the FXO ports disappeared from 'trunks'. Finally I upgraded again to the latest, latest firmware that support sent me and FXO module now works as expected.

Like I said, this isn't brilliant especially considering I was waiting nearly a year to get the box (after it was initially announced) due to 'firmware issues'. I'd expect it to work out of the box, as would my customers, not have to mess around installing new firmware, contacting support, installing more new firmware just to get the main functionality working. Maybe you shouldn't release things until they actually work as advertised?

More
04 May 2011 15:32 #6 by d3matt
I recently took an order for an 3510 system, ISDN & FXS cards and 11 IP phones. Then went to place the order was told that the ISDN interface cards were not available due to an incompatibility. It's really frustrating that Draytek/SEG tell us to go out and sell this stuff, but don't tell us it's not ready. So I had a sale and an agreement to install last week, but then couldn't deliver.
Now been told today that the firmware is ready and they ISDN card will work, so I've ordered the kit and will be installing early next week. Trouble is that I'm loosing confidence in the system and feel that I could be opening myself up to a lot of support work as the system is not really yet ready to be put out there into the field.