DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Installing FXS Module, dial tone but no setup options in GUI

• davido140
  • Topic Author
More
03 May 2011 15:21 #1 by davido140
Hi,

I've been trialing an IPPBX 3510 and so far it's been very good, we've decided to go with it as a production solution for our office.

One slight hiccup though, I installed a 4 port FXS module in order that we can use an analogue fax on the PBX.

I powered the system down, installed in one of the free slots and powered it back up again.

I get a dialtone on the analogue phone I've attached for testing but I've no new options in the GUI for configuring the analogue extensions, according to the manual I was expecting to see "Tone Setting" and "phone setting" options appear in the IPPBX >> PBX System but I see nothing new.

Have I missed a step in the installation process or could the card be faulty? I've tried it in both slots with the same result.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2011 04:05 #2 by admin
Did you try the other slot ?

Forum Administrator

• davido140
  • Topic Author
More
04 May 2011 08:33 #3 by davido140
Yes, I tried both slots, and re-seated the card a couple of times last night as well.

I have solved the issue now though, I noticed that the VOIP Module fields on the system status page were all blank, no serial number, MAC etc. I also couldnt ping the voip module IP address (I'd love to know what this is actually for, dont seem to be able to do anything except ping it, is it a analogue to SIP interface?)

Anyway, I finally resolved it with a factory reset, the moment the box came back from presssing and releasing the factory reset button the Voip module details were visible in the GUI and I was able to configure the analogue interfaces.

Perhaps a heads up for anyone that adds an interface after already having configured the router/pbx.

The basic appliance and PBX config was basic so I just recreated this manually and restored SIP trunk and Extension backups to save doing loads of data entry.