DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Help required on ISDN trunks

• d3matt
  • Topic Author
More
16 May 2011 19:11 #1 by d3matt
Help required on ISDN trunks was created by d3matt
I'm installing a IPPBX2510 this evening and having a little bit of trouble understanding ISDN trunks - well more of a problem understanding how Draytek have designed their interface!

I have two ISDN2e lines (i.e. 4 channels), on one number with DDIs. All the incoming side of things seems to works fine. It's just the outgoing allocation I'm having trouble with.
Under PBX System>Phone Setting I have enabled 901 and 902 to Point-to-Point and disabled 903 and 904, as I'm only using two of the four ISDN ports.

Now under PBX System>Trunks>Line Settins>ISDN trunk list, there is a list of the four trunks, with only the first two active. Its the "allow access to these trunks" setting which I'm confused with. Do I set this to just itself (ISDN-TE1) or all the ISDN trunks (ISDN-TE1 & TE2)? I can't see why this setting is here or what it does.

Also the "ISDN Trunk auto hunt" option, default set to 666. I assume this tick box is to allow the PBX to automatically find a trunk, rather than the user dialling a trunk number (i.e. 901 or 902). I assume 99% of situation that this is required. Could this 666 code be changed to 9, to achieve a way of dialling 9 to find an outside line?

Also, when the user makes an ISDN call, the system seems first rings the ISDN card, then pause, then pick up the BT dialtone and ring out. It takes a while and this initial dialtone confuses everyone. Can anything be done to improve that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gjross
  • User
  • User
More
24 Feb 2012 11:49 #2 by gjross
Replied by gjross on topic Re: Help required on ISDN trunks
Did you manage to resolve any of these, as I'm having difficulty getting the ISDN module to communicate with the ISDN box in the first place!?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.