DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Quiet calls!!!

• d3matt
  • Topic Author
More
17 May 2011 14:02 #1 by d3matt
Quiet calls!!! was created by d3matt
Anyone have any experience of very quiet calls from IP350 handsets?
On both a IPPBX2820 with a PSTN line and a IPPBX3510 with ISDN lines, the person on the other end is complaining about the call being very quiet. So quiet in fact sometimes that they've hung up as they can't hear you at all.

I've set up the gains of the headset, speak and mic gains on the IP350 handsets, but to no effect.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• press2talk
  • User
  • User
More
02 Jun 2011 16:22 #2 by press2talk
Replied by press2talk on topic Re: Quiet calls!!!
We have the same problem. Seems like the mic in the handset is very directional. Better when using trunk line. Our FXO port gains are up however using any other ip desk phone calling through PSTN causes local echo.

• d3matt
  • Topic Author
More
02 Jun 2011 16:35 #3 by d3matt
Replied by d3matt on topic Re: Quiet calls!!!
I've since discovered the problem is very much worse on the IP350 handsets in f/w ver 07. So I've backtracked the phones to f/w 06. The problem still exists, but is better. However, I'm still getting complaints that callers can't hear or even recognise the person on the call and that the volume is going up and down during the call. All these calls are over ISDN.
Draytek UK know about the problems.
It would seem that the mic levels are far too low, even when set on gain 19.

• press2talk
  • User
  • User
More
03 Jun 2011 00:30 #4 by press2talk
Replied by press2talk on topic Re: Quiet calls!!!
Yes agree, we have updated to fw 1.07 and problem more apparent. TBH starting to get frustrated with the ongoing bugs with our Draytek ippbx system. I hope a fix is released soon.

• dazsalt
  • User
  • User
More
16 Jun 2011 18:50 #5 by dazsalt
Replied by dazsalt on topic Re: Quiet calls!!!
This is definitely a .7 firmware issue - I've tried adjusting the gain to no avail. Will probably have to roll back to fw .6, which is a shame as .7 seems more stable in many other ways.

The problem is less noticeable with PSTN - so it looks like it's primarily a digital to digital issue - unless the issue isn't affecting PSTN because of automatic level control on the BT Network (we only use PSTN for incoming calls on an existing number - all our outgoing are SIP)

Come on draytek/seg - please give us a work around or .7b!

More
22 Jun 2011 17:42 #6 by baron
Replied by baron on topic Re: Quiet calls!!!
Also the same for me using 350s with the IPPBX. It was quiet before, but now with 07 it's far worse, with the settings making no appreciable (or any) difference at all.

All I want is a fully working system. Is it too much to ask? If they cant get this right soon, the whole lot is going on ebay. And I may have to sell it as "faulty".
:x