DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2710vdn incoming PSTN call quality

• soperjon
  • Topic Author
More
31 May 2011 18:27 #1 by soperjon
I have a problem with my incoming PSTN call in that the sound is very quiet and distant. I'm using DECT phones, Panasonic TG830 which I know aren't on the approved list, but I don't get the same problem with incoming VOIP calls so I don't think it can be the DECT connection. I have tried uping the speaker gain to 10 but this makes no difference or is possobly worse.

Anyone else get this and know of a solution

Many thank,Jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2011 11:28 #2 by ashleywitton
Replied by ashleywitton on topic Re: Vigor 2710vdn incoming PSTN call quality
Did you have any luck with this Jon? I'm also using a 2710VDN and incoming/outgoing call quality over PSTN is really poor using DECT or an analog phone connected to the Phone ports. I've also cranked up the gain on mic and speaker but it sounds no better. Running the latest and greatest new firmware doesn't seem to help.

More
09 Dec 2011 23:42 #3 by delavandaag
Replied by delavandaag on topic Re: Vigor 2710vdn incoming PSTN call quality
Wish I had been here before I spent/spoiled my money on this 2710vdn ... It is a disaster. Quality of PSTN calls is so bad that it cannot be used. Also tried a setup in which my Siemens Gigaset is connected to the phone port. To no avail. And the 'calling-part' of the device crashes very often. Still have to narrow down whether this is caused by calls in general or either through VOIP or PSTN. (I only have the device for three days now, and I already spent some 12 hrs on trying to get it working as advertised).

Anyhow, if anyone reading this is looking for a good modem/router/voip ATA/DECT device: do not buy this one. It just does not work.

Draytek, please rewrite/develop a good piece of firmware. I spent an amount way above average for this device just to be sure that it would work. Draytek (still) has the reputation of being one of the best if not the best. Exceeding your client's expectations is the only way to keep them ... so do not let us down please.

Cheers, Dela