Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Call forward on VigorPhone 350 issues

• boaber22
  • Topic Author
More
03 Jun 2011 10:48 #1 by boaber22
Call forward on VigorPhone 350 issues was created by boaber22
Hi there,

I have the 2820pbx set to go to a hunt group when 0 is pressed at the Auto Attendant message.

This Hunt group consistse of 2 VigorPhone 350's. The staff member who one of these phones belongs to sometimes goes through to another room which has a DECT phone. We tried using always forward on the VigorPhone 350 so that when someone calls in and presses 0 it should ring the other VigorPhone 350 and the DECT phone.

However this doesnt work, it only seems to ring the 2nd VigorPhone. I have also tested by ringing the staff members Direct Dial and this works as expected, diverting calls to the DECT.

it only seems to be when the hunt group number is dialled that the VigorPhone doesnt want to call forward.

Hoping this makes sense, and was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what could be wrong?

best Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• macavity
  • User
  • User
More
03 Jun 2011 19:43 #2 by macavity
Replied by macavity on topic Re: Call forward on VigorPhone 350 issues
A direct call and a call via the hunt group are handled slightly differently. as I understand it the phone or extension especific diverts only get used of the call is a direct call. To have a hunt group overflow use the overflow option in the hunt group itself. This allows overflow after 10 seconds say. If the user wants to contol when overflow occurs immediately then they can put all phones in the hunt group in DND mode

• boaber22
  • Topic Author
More
08 Jun 2011 12:39 #3 by boaber22
Replied by boaber22 on topic Re: Call forward on VigorPhone 350 issues
Thanks very much for the info.

it doesnt suit our particular needs but makes sense. Will have to find another way round.

Best Regards