DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

A few questions

• jason@espprojects.co.uk
  • Topic Author
More
23 Jun 2011 11:57 #1 by jason@espprojects.co.uk
A few questions was created by jason@espprojects.co.uk
We have an IPPBX set up and working fine but have a few outstanding issues that we're not sure about:

1. When leaving a message there is no beep (cf. “leave a message after the tone” doesn’t work!). Can this be changed?

2. When transferring a call to someone internally, can they put caller on hold and make the internall call to check if extension is available?

3. If we call someone who is engaged, instead of using the engaged tone it just cuts them off, is this a known bug/setup error?

4. Can you have 2 different ring tones, one for internal calls and one for external calls?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jun 2011 16:59 #2 by mpwox11
Replied by mpwox11 on topic Re: A few questions
1. You need to record a "beep" on your vm message. If you listen to the original message wav file (system prompt 36) then you'll hear the beep at the end of the message. If you record your own prompt, you need somehow get a tone at the end of your recording or just say "beeeeep", but that will really sound naff. Probably better to just record a message like ".....please leave a message now" rather than "....leave a message after the tone".

2. Yes, you can put the call on hold (on Line1), then ring the extension (uses Line2) and hear the outcome before transferring the call.

3. I've only used the "on busy go to voicemail" option, but you're right, if it just drops the call it is a major problem and not good. In fact that might explain some of the issues a customer has been getting.

4. The Draytek IP phones have three different ring tones, but (as far as I know) you can't have different ring tones for different calls. Just one for everything as the phone can't see any difference between the calls, as it just sees them all as incoming SIP calls.

• jason@espprojects.co.uk
  • Topic Author
More
24 Jun 2011 09:23 #3 by jason@espprojects.co.uk
Replied by jason@espprojects.co.uk on topic Re: A few questions

mpwox11 wrote: 1. You need to record a "beep" on your vm message. If you listen to the original message wav file (system prompt 36) then you'll hear the beep at the end of the message. If you record your own prompt, you need somehow get a tone at the end of your recording or just say "beeeeep", but that will really sound naff. Probably better to just record a message like ".....please leave a message now" rather than "....leave a message after the tone".

2. Yes, you can put the call on hold (on Line1), then ring the extension (uses Line2) and hear the outcome before transferring the call.

3. I've only used the "on busy go to voicemail" option, but you're right, if it just drops the call it is a major problem and not good. In fact that might explain some of the issues a customer has been getting.

4. The Draytek IP phones have three different ring tones, but (as far as I know) you can't have different ring tones for different calls. Just one for everything as the phone can't see any difference between the calls, as it just sees them all as incoming SIP calls.

1. This is a shame, surely it can't be too difficult for the Draytek people to put in a beep after the VM Recording. It's a pretty standard thing for VM systems

2. Great, we'll give this a test

3. I think we'll configure the extensions for "on busy go to voicemail".

4. Again, it's a bit of a shame that it can't do this. However, not sure if it makes a difference or not, but we use ISDN for external calls with this particular draytek so maybe it's possible to set different ringtones for ISDN and internal calls?

More
24 Jun 2011 09:28 #4 by mpwox11
I've found the Draytek is lacking in a lot of basic phone system functionality and much of it you don't realise until it's too late!

More
29 Jun 2011 16:45 #5 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Re: A few questions

mpwox11 wrote: I've found the Draytek is lacking in a lot of basic phone system functionality

Like what ?

Forum Administrator

More
01 Jul 2011 23:11 #6 by mpwox11
Of the top of my head...
1. Not being able to forward trunk calls over ISDN. It only allows calls to forward over SIP, and then you have to do this by forwarding to an unregistered extension.
2. ISDN DDI caller display (CLIP) not working, so all calls go out with main ISDN number and not the DDI. I know this will be fixed in next f/w.
3. Only having 20 system based speed dials and then these only dial via SIP. Most phones systems in this sector have 100-200. Most small businesses need at least 50.
5. Voicemail has no date/time stamp or callers number if voicemail is collected on the phone. It does if you use email, but how many users have speakers on their PCs in offices?
6. No facility to return callers on Park back into the ring group if you've forgotten about them, which is happening all the time as there is also no visual ID to tell the users callers are in Park. All phone systems I've installed have a timer on parked or held calls.