Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Firmware Upgrades

• jason@espprojects.co.uk
  • Topic Author
More
24 Jun 2011 12:57 #1 by jason@espprojects.co.uk
Firmware Upgrades was created by jason@espprojects.co.uk
Hi,

We have 2 customers running Draytek 2820 IPPBX systems. Both are on firmware version 3.5.5.1 and we are trying to upgrade them to 3.5.5.2 (remotely). Both routers are experiencing difficulty with this and are showing "Firmware Upgrade is in progress" but not going beyond it. We have left one of them for 2 hours but with no success!

Is anyone else experiencing this and is there a fix?

Jason

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jul 2011 16:46 #2 by baron
Replied by baron on topic Re: Firmware Upgrades
I've found remote upgrades to be hopeless, with sometimes the router being unable to boot. It's best to do these by remoting onto a PC on the same LAN, then logging in from there and doing the upgrade as if it's local.

• dazsalt
  • User
  • User
More
19 Jul 2011 16:46 #3 by dazsalt
Replied by dazsalt on topic Re: Firmware Upgrades
I've found a problem generally with firmware updates from the web interface, period. Set up the management to allow ftp, and then firmware update by FTP'ing the firmware file to the router (not the RST version - you'll lose your connection for obvious reasons).

I'm not saying this is 100% full proof, but one advantage with this method is the router doesn't use the new firmware until after it reboots, and it doesn't do this until you exit the ftp session.