DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

incoming voip calls fail with new Virgin superhub

• keithykoo
  • Topic Author
More
05 Aug 2011 21:39 #1 by keithykoo
Help please need, I have been using sip gate for a few years now for my incoming calls. I had a Atlantic scientific modem until Monday just gone. All my call incoming and out going were working fine till the modem change. From Monday onward I have had no incoming calls. I log into my vigor 2110vn which I must say have had no settings changed to find that the sip gate accounts wont register now. I have also logged into the virgin super hub modem to see if there are any port block, and there is none Please can anyone help me?

Many thanks for reading this post

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2011 01:58 #2 by neptune8271
i was on virgin media a few years ago and the netgear router they supplied stopped sip.

what is the make and model of the virgin superhub?

• nealuk
  • User
  • User
More
03 Oct 2011 10:59 #3 by nealuk
It fails because you're going through two layers of NAT. It is all the superhubs fault. I don't have one myself, but from reading the many grumbles on other forums about the superhub, I'd suggest you get the latest firmware, which has the additional functionality of "Modem Only" function. This will then make the superhub work like your trusty old reliable Scientific Atlanta.

More
14 Oct 2011 00:04 #4 by voodle
Get the R30 firmware, then do this, then watch it work :D
http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=EABF7CC5-2B37-47B6-AF08-A33A9F291FA1