• Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
10 Aug 2011 09:40 #1 by compuserve
SIP Account not Registering was created by compuserve
Hi,

First post so bear with me.

Got a IPPBX system with a 2820 router, P2260 L2 Managed POE Switch and about 10 vigor 350 phones. We have been having an ongoing problem in that the phones will not register their SIP accounts thus showing offline on the extension monitor and them not being able to make or recieve calls.

This happens totally randomly/ We have contacted Draytek and they have replaced 2 of the phones with new ones as they stated that this could be an issue but now these new ones have also suffered the problem. All firmware versions have been tried and they are now on the latest beta firmware on the phones. We have exactly the same system and have not had a single problem. Have tried everything i can think of and am at a loss.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

Neill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2011 21:00 #2 by mpwox11
Replied by mpwox11 on topic Re: SIP Account not Registering
I experienced this too. Did they stop registering after the power was cut? This is what was happening randomly with mine. Each time there was a power cut (which happened frequently as this site), 3 or 4 phones would no longer register. Even if I wiped the settings and re-keyed it all in, they still wouldn't. The only way of making them work again was to factory reset the phone and do a firmware reflash again (using the firmware upgrade utility method). This was a right pain and of course couldn't be done remotely.

• dazsalt
  • User
  • User
More
12 Aug 2011 13:28 #3 by dazsalt
Replied by dazsalt on topic Re: SIP Account not Registering
We have also experienced this issue - even a factory reset doesn't fix it - only a firmware re-flash cures the issue (followed then of course by a config restore).

We also have an issue (may be related - but I'll also post this in a new thread) where rebooting the phones (either soft boot or power off) causes them to lose their current settings and revert back to some very old SIP account details that used to be in them. The only "saving grace" (although I don't consider the current Vigor phone to be stable enough for production use - as an I.T. company we put up with the issues) is that they don't lose their current IP address - so you can at least connect to them remotely and put the SIP account details back in.

Darrin

More
12 Aug 2011 13:43 #4 by mpwox11

Dazsalt wrote: We also have an issue (may be related - but I'll also post this in a new thread) where rebooting the phones (either soft boot or power off) causes them to lose their current settings and revert back to some very old SIP account details that used to be in them. The only "saving grace" (although I don't consider the current Vigor phone to be stable enough for production use - as an I.T. company we put up with the issues) is that they don't lose their current IP address - so you can at least connect to them remotely and put the SIP account details back in.

I've experienced this too. I found it was due to using the automatic extension configuration on the IPPX when the phones were initially connected to the LAN. Even if this created SIP account on the phone is changed and saved, the phones revert back to the initial automatic SIP account on a reboot. The only way to solve this to wipe the phones and only setup from scratch manually. I did report this to Draytek UK sometime ago when I first discovered this.

More
15 Aug 2011 14:42 #5 by alfamale
Replied by alfamale on topic Re: SIP Account not Registering
Is there any update regarding the phones not registering the sip account. We also have this issue and the client is about 3 hours drive away so I'd rather not go there to reflash the firmware. The phone was working and then just stopped!! I can see it on the lan and have remote access to the pabx and phones web interface, is there anything that can be done??

More
19 Aug 2011 13:38 #6 by mpwox11
I was in the same situation, with the customer being at least a 2.5 hours drive away. Luckily there was someone there who had enough about him so I could talk him through a reflash over the phone.
What you should do is install the latest f/w (currently at 7f) and also put the phones on a UPS so there's no interruption to the power.