Quieter Ring Volume on 350's after upgrading firmware

• boaber22
  • Topic Author
More
10 Aug 2011 11:53 #1 by boaber22
Hi All,

We've recently updated 2 VigorPhone 350's to the latest firmware;

12202.26.1.07F (beta I think)

And now users are complaining that the ringer volume is much quieter than it was before even with the volume turned up to the max.

Is this something that can be fixed or do we have to wait for another f/w update?

Best Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2011 20:54 #2 by mpwox11
My experience is that the ring volume was always too loud on the 350 phone and all phones in two installations I did had to have their volumes on level 1 when in a full office as otherwise the volume of many phones ringing at the same time was too much. In fact, level 1 wasn't quiet enough.
So it could be that Draytek have purposely reduced the volume.

• dazsalt
  • User
  • User
More
12 Aug 2011 13:34 #3 by dazsalt
I can concur, firmware 12202.26.1.07F beta has fixed the handset volume issue (callers couldn't hear the Vigor Phone user) but the ringer volume is too low, even on max. I agree it could be a bit loud before, but at least you could turn it down - now it won't go high enough. Surely mid way should be "just right" with "1" being "really quiet" and "10" being "red alert". No one apart from you knows the location of the phones or their use - I can imagine a crowded office with lots of simultaneous rings wanting "1" but a workshop with machinary running will want level "10" to be like a fog horn.

Darrin

More
12 Aug 2011 13:45 #4 by mpwox11
Totally agree. But I do think the volume control should be a mute at the lowest volume - i.e. volume 0 should be now sound, volume 1 should be very quiet.

• jjsadmin
  • User
  • User
More
07 Sep 2011 17:38 #5 by jjsadmin
There is yet another BETA to fix this issue 12202.26.1.07H.

• postdead
  • User
  • User
More
17 Nov 2011 17:49 #6 by postdead
I upgraded firmware using FULL img's from 12202.26.1.07 to 12202.26.1.07H and then straight on to 12202.26.1.09 yesterday so can't confirm whether 07H ringer volume was OK but I have to say that .09 version is very quiet even on Max voume 10 when compared to the old firmware. Anyone else experiencing this?