Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VP 350 loses config when rebooted & reverts to old config

• dazsalt
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
12 Aug 2011 13:45 #1 by dazsalt
We have an issue where rebooting the phones (either soft boot or power off) which have fixed IP's and are manually provisioned causes them to lose their current settings and revert back to some very old SIP account details that used to be in them. I can't see how when the phones have been re-flashed and factory reset (not to mention having configs backed up and restored) how they some how remember these old settings. The phones are not on DHCP either - and they don't lose their fixed IP addresses, just the SIP account information.

The only "saving grace" (although I don't consider the current Vigor phone to be stable enough for production use - as an I.T. company we put up with the issues) is that because they don't lose their current IP address - so you can at least connect to them remotely and put the SIP account details back in.

Darrin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Aug 2011 13:47 #2 by mpwox11
I've experienced this too. I found it was due to using the automatic extension configuration on the IPPX when the phones were initially connected to the LAN. Even if this auto-created SIP account on the phone is then later changed and saved, the phones revert back to the initial automatic SIP account on a reboot. The only way to solve this to wipe the phones and only setup from scratch manually. I did report this to Draytek UK sometime ago when I first discovered this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.