• bendecko
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
09 Sep 2011 14:58 #1 by bendecko
Dial out via PSTN was created by bendecko
Hi

I've got a small lan with a 2820Vn gateway connected to the net via the ethernet port, and next to it, a PSTN plug. On the LAN I have a couple of grandstream GXP-2000 voip handset that currently connect to voiptalk.org and I can dial and recieve calls via them.

What would be really cool is if I could connect the plug from the PSTN on the wall into my 2820Vn and then somehow provide a server for the voip handsets to 'login in to' and then when a certain line was selected on the handset dial out over the PSTN.

Even better then would be for a remote GXP-2000 somewhere over the internet to ring when then PSTN line was dialed and vice versa be able to make local calls from abroad via the net?

Any ideas, slowly please, newbie alert.

Thanks

bendecko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Mar 2012 14:36 #2 by machman
Replied by machman on topic Re: Dial out via PSTN
Sorry to tell you.... From what I think you're asking....
shoulda bought a 2820 IPPBX. This is a SIP server and PBX. Thus you log your IP phones in to it and it logs in to the VOIP providers and connects to the PSTN. Thus one can make/answer PSTN and Voip through your IP handsets.
You could also buy other manif's kit to provide either a PSTN gateway to your ip phones or a full-on IPPBX.

MachMan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.