• fab-itrescue
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
01 Dec 2011 15:20 #1 by fab-itrescue
Individual Voicemail Greetings was created by fab-itrescue
Hi All

The Latest firmware 3.5.6 brags about being able to use Individual Voicemail Greeting and that these can be recorded from the individual IP phone.

How?

My IP extension just warbles and displays error 404 on the handset when I dial ****.

If this function does work, can these greetings be backed up / restore along with the system prompts? How are these distinguised from the other User prompts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Dec 2011 20:58 #2 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Individual Voicemail Greetings
It's not done using ****, you need to call your extensions voicemail then press 9 and 2 to start recording the prompt - when you're done press the # key so the PBX adds the beep properly :)

• dudleyrees
  • User
  • User
More
05 Dec 2011 00:56 #3 by dudleyrees
Replied by dudleyrees on topic Re: Individual Voicemail Greetings
Be warned though - there seems to be a bug with this feature.
Make sure you dial in to your PBX and listen to the greeting - I have found on more than 1 PBX that the machine cuts off the first 5 seconds of your greeting, and forgets to add a beep at the end.
Once you have uploaded the new system prompts I would suggest re-flashing the new firmware a second time. That seems to help.

• fab-itrescue
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • User
More
05 Dec 2011 09:01 #4 by fab-itrescue
Replied by fab-itrescue on topic Re: Individual Voicemail Greetings
Thank you both for your advice & comments - I'll be setting up at the clients premises later this week - Fingers & most other things are cross!

In the meantime - did I miss these instruction in the manual? Or is it just "common" knowledge and something everyone knows?

More
05 Dec 2011 14:17 #5 by voodle
Replied by voodle on topic Re: Individual Voicemail Greetings
I don't think the manual has been updated for the 3.5.6 firmware yet, since this is a new feature.

More
03 May 2012 15:48 #6 by zee1697
Replied by zee1697 on topic disable prompt 5
Hi all,

How i can remove/disable Prompt 5 IF YOU KNOW THE PARTY'S EXTENSION PLEASE DIAL IT NOW ??
Thanks

ammar