DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Draytel VOIP Accounts 2820Vn & FTTC (WAN2) - not registering

• stuey
  • Topic Author
More
12 Dec 2011 11:59 #1 by stuey
Hi, just had FTTC installed to site #2, and I am using the BT Modem through the WAN2 port of the Draytek. Now I can't seem to get the Draytel Accounts to Register either through the Draytek, or even access them through my iPhone, using the WiFi connection through the Draytek. This would make me think that it is a port blocking problem. When I use the HomeHub from BT, my iPhone can connect to the Draytel Accounts perfectly.

Any ideas as to why?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nealuk
  • User
  • User
More
12 Dec 2011 13:37 #2 by nealuk
Is the WAN2 status filled with an internal IP or the external IP? I wonder if you're going through two layers of NAT... regards, Neal.

• stuey
  • Topic Author
More
12 Dec 2011 13:56 #3 by stuey

nealuk wrote: Is the WAN2 status filled with an internal IP or the external IP? I wonder if you're going through two layers of NAT... regards, Neal.

Hi Neal,

Thanks fir your reply. That sounds v logical.

Here's what I have;

Connection : PPPoE
IP Address : 86.144.XX.XX
Default Gateway : 217.32.XX.XX
Primary DNS : 194.72.9.34
Secondary DNS : 62.6.40.178

Ta

• nealuk
  • User
  • User
More
12 Dec 2011 14:15 #4 by nealuk
That is external, and good, so I'm a bit stuck why. I'm not fortunate enough to have had first hand experiance of FTTx... yet.

More
09 Jan 2013 15:20 #5 by cartmane
I appreciate that this is an old thread so sorry about resurrecting it but did you find a solution for this stuey? I'm having the same problem on my 2850Vn now. Wan1 allows registration (over ADSL) but Wan2 (VDSL running concurrently via a BT Modem) does not.

TIA

More
15 Jan 2013 00:07 #6 by voodle
get the output of "voip debug show" in telnet, that'll show what's happening to the registration. I suspect it would be DNS related, that's usually what would cause it if you find the log is empty.