DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

DTMF can't dial a '2'

More
29 Dec 2011 00:10 #1 by f3n
DTMF can't dial a '2' was created by f3n
I've got a weird fault that I've spent some time confirming. When I try to dial through DTMF relay to the PSTN I hear tones but don't connect. Eventually I recorded the output and put the file through a spectrum analyser to check what is actually dialled. It turns out that each '2' is silent - the output waits the right amount of time until going to the next digit but no audio appears. Is this a known issue or a hardware problem? I find it difficult to imagine what might do it - other digits using the same row and column frequencies work OK. Has anybody got any good ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jan 2012 13:53 #2 by mphasey
Replied by mphasey on topic Re: DTMF can't dial a '2'
I seem to have the same problem since upgrading to 3.3.7, I have a Vigor 2820Vn. Any number with a 2 in it, passing through to the PSTN fails as "Number not recognised" although the log shows the correct digits being sent. This is particularly irritating as a lot of calls are 020 numbers and they can't get through. Anyone found a solution for this yet before I try going back to a previous firmware load?

More
21 Jan 2012 21:13 #3 by mphasey
Replied by mphasey on topic Re: DTMF can't dial a '2'
Went back to Firmware 3.3.5.2, problem solved. How do you report this bug in their latest firmware to Draytek?