DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

2820 not calling between extensions

More
28 Jan 2012 03:10 #1 by pw
Since my last upgrade (3.3.5.2) I can no longer call between extensions. Still not working on 3.3.7.
Long ago I dialled 01 or 02 to call the other but since the 2820 it had to be 10 and 20. I used to use these latter in my phone book as quick dials but changed my codes to 010 and 020 when the conflict arose. Disabling them makes no difference, still just get the engaged signal. I preferred 01 and 02.

With 3.3.5.2 I not only lost call between phones but also when pots calls in both would ring (as configured) but the unanswered one continues to ring for a few seconds or gives a conference call if answered at same time. Not heard result on 3.3.7 yet and won't test as middle of night!

I would really like to call between phones and even transfer calls between them if anyone knows how?

Up to 3.3.3, I noticed that DND didnt stop pots from ringing. Just me or everyone?

I may try a .rst if these are just me. Only do .all usually.

TIA Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2012 15:14 #2 by pw
Further to the above- The ringing on from my para 2 has gone, thankfully.

using: Vigor2820Vn 3.3.7_232201 Oct 27 2011 11:20:43 232201_A Hardware: Annex A

Intercom: I have just noticed in the readme: 3.3.4 - [Improvements and Corrections]
25. Improved: Add telnet command to turn intercom on/off; intercom is for calls between phone1 and phone2.
But I can't find the command listed in Telnet Commands v1.11 or the user guide. My guess is it is turned off :(
Is it possible to get a full list of telnet commands from the router? I've tried using the telnet help and got no clues there.

Another strangeness has appeared - In the early days my browser remembered my username & password. From 3.3.5.2 browser memory ceased and I could just supply a password. Now I seem to have some sort of usermode available where, having set a password I can log in without a username but just the new password. For my old password to work I need to login with admin as user. I don't seem to have lost any privilages as plain user but if I don't log in as admin the web interface thinks I have ISDN lines as well as voice. This is both on the VOIP status screen and the system status (under system maintenance). Online status has new options too, but only for admin. Is this new user status documented anywhere? I haven't seen anything...

Please

More
06 Feb 2012 21:55 #3 by pw
OK so I found it myself in the end. "local" is the new keyword under voip dialplan:
type in > vo di lo -v
result > vo di lo -v voip dialplan Local Calls 1/0 [enable/disable]
so
type in > vo di lo 1
result > vo di lo 1 Enable Local Calls

happiness

Now is it possible to transfer calls between FXS1 and 2 ?

More
02 Aug 2019 23:21 #4 by eliotmansfield
Replied by eliotmansfield on topic Re: 2820 not calling between extensions
thanks - just what i was searching for.
Hoping to connect some old schools modems back to back for some retro computing.

Moderators: Sami