DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

No dialtone / incoming POTS calls on Vigor 2850Vn

• giacecco
  • Topic Author
More
31 Mar 2012 18:26 #1 by giacecco
Hi All,
I owned a Vigor 2820Vn and I used regularly the SIP and POTS passthrough features. I then upgraded from ADSL to BT Infinity (VSDL), used BT's own router for a while until I got a Vigor 2850Vn today. I've configured it successfully but for the phone services, and it's driving me mad.

Trust me for a while if I say that I've connected everything correctly:
- the Openreach data port is connected to the Vigor data port
- the Openreach phone line port is connected to the Vigor line port
- Draytek's phone splitter is connected to the Vigor 'phone1/2' port
- the phone - a common BT Graphite 2500 - is connected to the 'phone 1' port of the splitter

In the Vigor's phone settings, the region is set to my country: UK. Firmware is 3.6.1_232201 that is believe is the latest. My usual VoIP provider is setup and registered. The phone settings are these http://dl.dropbox.com/u/13837050/draytek1.png .

Coming from the 2820Vn I shouldn't have made huge mistakes. What I experience though is the following:

a) My phone says that there is no line. In case you wondered, it works if I connect it straight to the Openreach box.
b) I can't get incoming calls. When I call my Vigor-managed landline number from my mobile I hear it is ringing, but no sound comes from the actual phone. The 'line' led does not turn on.
c) I can't make calls... but this is probably because the phone believes that there is no line.

If there was a way to do that, I would guess that the POTS passthrough is 'turned off', but I believe there is no way to turn it off!

What is the problem then? Please help!

G.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.