DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

IPPBX 2820 - PSTN Trunk held open after remote party hangup

• mlcook
  • Topic Author
More
10 Apr 2012 20:46 #1 by mlcook
I'm running the 2820 IPPBX with 3.5.7 firmware. I have a regular BT landline which is connected to the PSTN trunk. I can make and receive calls using the trunk and audio works in both directions. There's a fundamental problem though - the Draytek is not detecting when the remote party has hung up the line and is holding the trunk open for a few minutes. I can't see can't see any settings to tweak the hangup detection as you can on some PBXs.

Any thoughts?

Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• macavity
  • User
  • User
More
11 Apr 2012 09:10 #2 by macavity
The region settings can be set via IPPBX > PBX System > Phone Setting > FXO > Advanced

• mlcook
  • Topic Author
More
11 Apr 2012 13:57 #3 by mlcook
Thanks Macavity.

I had found the FXO Tone Settings screen but hadn't interpreted this as playing a role in the detection of remote party hangup on the PSTN trunk. Anyway the Tone Settings Region is set correctly to "UK". Any other thoughts?

Regards,

Martin

• mlcook
  • Topic Author
More
11 Apr 2012 19:48 #4 by mlcook
This evening I asked BT to increase the Clear Disconnect (CPC) time to 800ms and then to it's maximum setting (1000ms). I had hoped that this might resolve the issue of the IPPBX not detecting that the calling party had cleared. Unfortunately it didn't help.

Martin

• mlcook
  • Topic Author
More
12 Apr 2012 19:19 #5 by mlcook
Update: Draytek support recommended running the following at the command line:

voip dsp fxoD 1

This resolved my problem.

Regards,

Martin

More
11 Jul 2012 10:01 #6 by ukengb
I have the exact same problem and the tone settings region is now set to UK, but it made no difference.

I also tried the command line above, but that also had no effect.

I'm somewhat dismayed that something (else) this simple just doesn't work. Choosing UK tone settings should simply work. Shouldn't have to use esoteric command line options. Even accessing the command line is not straightforward with no documentation that I have found. What does "voip dsp fxoD 1" mean anyway? What is that setting?

Is this a problem for all UK users? If so, why have Draytek not sorted it and if not, why not. Why would some users have the problem and not others.

Any more clues as to how I can make the Vigor understand when the calling party has already rung off?