DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Sipgate, Vigor 2850, ForeFront and Cisco 7960

• markstokes
  • Topic Author
More
01 Jul 2012 11:18 #1 by markstokes
Hi Everyone,

I have not seen anyone with a similar scenario to me, so appologies if this has been covered.

I have BT infinity coming straight into my Vigor 2850Vn. One of those ports (on a unique VLAN) goes straight into my ForeFront TMG server (10.0.0.x) with the rest of the network on a different VLAN / network (192.168.x.x).

Initially I was hoping I could just plug it into one of the VOIP ports and let the router take care of the registration (It is connected and registered to Sipgate), but since the router exposes a PSTN port I don't think I can connect it this way.

My phone and TFTP (for the phone config) are on the internal network and I need to get my routing right.

I have "Open Ports" for UDP 5060 to my ForeFront TMG External IP Address (10.0.0.1) and then a rule in ForeFront to forward that "UDP 5060 Send Receive" to my phone IP. My phone is actually registered with Sipgate with this setup. I can tell by the phone icon on the line not having a "x" next to it, and Sipgate shows the phone as connected.

I believe I also need to open the following ports in the same way (from: http://www.markwilson.co.uk/blog/2008/07/configuring-a-cisco-ip-phone-for-voip-using-sip.htm):
•Port 5004 (UDP) – SIP signalling.
•Ports 8000-8019 (UDP) – for voice communication.
•Port 10000 (UDP) – for communication with the simple traversal of UDP over network address translators (STUN) server.
•Port 3478 (TCP and UDP) – also for STUN.

Since the article I refer does doesn't state whether the UDP rules should be "send receive", "receive send", "send", "receive" I am not sure what each should be.

Anyone have any ideas / suggestions?

Thanks

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• markstokes
  • Topic Author
More
01 Jul 2012 11:28 #2 by markstokes
Replied by markstokes on topic Re: Sipgate, Vigor 2850, ForeFront and Cisco 7960
I have just noticed that with NO rules on my ForeFront TMG Server I can make phone calls from the Cisco phone and audio works both ways.

Now I need to get the Cisco phone to ring when someone calls IN.

Any help / advice here?

Mark

• markstokes
  • Topic Author
More
01 Jul 2012 12:14 #3 by markstokes
Replied by markstokes on topic Re: Sipgate, Vigor 2850, ForeFront and Cisco 7960
Actually... it appears I don't need to open ANY ports on my ForeFront / Vigor to allow outgoing calls....