DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

404 not found

More
11 Jul 2012 19:24 #1 by ukengb
404 not found was created by ukengb
Now configured the Vigor pretty much how I want and incoming calls get placed on the correct extension etc. Don't know yet if the audio is correct both ways, but will confirm that later.

Problem now is that I cannot make outgoing calls. I assume that the default trunk for an extension is the one used to make outgoing calls (if no dial plan intervention), but it doesn't seem to matter as whenever I dial out, I just get the above error. I've tried from more than one phone and also with a different default trunk, but always the same error. The trunks are all showing as registered and the extension is showing as 'Online' so no obvious problem there.

Is there no way to view the SIP log and ascertain where the problem might lie? Logging does seem to be woefully inadequate:-(

My brain is getting frazzled by now, can anyone help with what this error might signify?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2012 19:25 #2 by ukengb
Replied by ukengb on topic Re: 404 not found
I am still unable to make any outgoing calls. Incoming calls are ok (well the appropriate extensions are ringing) and internals calls seem to be fully functional. It's just outgoing calls that completely fail.

I might think there was a problem with my VOIP provider, but I cannot call out via the PSTN either. If I set the FXS port to the PSTN trunk only (and as default) and dial an outside line I just get a busy signal and the Detail Call log just shows 'Fail' which is hardly helpful. Outgoing calls via a SIP trunk don't register at all in the call log, so again, no help there.

So unless there are 2 different problems here (i.e. with SIP trunks and also the PSTN trunk) it appears that there's some fundamental setting that is preventing the Vigor from making any outgoing calls. I've searched but can find nothing, although that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

At the moment I'm completely stuck so would appreciate it if anyone can shed some light on this.

Thanks.

More
18 Jul 2012 18:59 #3 by ukengb
Replied by ukengb on topic Re: 404 not found
Now sorted by the addition of an entry in the dial plan/digit map that enables the 'default trunk' to be used when no prefix is dialled. Easy enough, but it's taken several days of figuring out the problem while Draytek support had a nose around the configuration and failed to mention this requirement.

Part of the problem is the manual/userguide is now so out of date. It doesn't even mention the 'default trunk' option which I incorrectly (but I think justifiably) assumed was all you needed to specify in order for basic dialling out to function. Wrong!

Anyway, this problem is now sorted and I can get on with testing it in use.