DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

VigorPhone 350 firmware update

More
17 Jul 2012 14:44 #1 by ukengb
VigorPhone 350 firmware update was created by ukengb
Having just gone through this problem with the IPPBX2820, this looks like it's less easily solvable.

There is NO Mac version of the firmware update utility that works with the current version of OSX. On the PBX you can get around this by using FTP into the WAN port, but this is not an option on the VigorPhone.

What are the suggestions for upgrading the firmware on a VigorPhone when only Macs are available?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2012 10:14 #2 by roundst
Replied by roundst on topic Re: VigorPhone 350 firmware update
depending on which version, you can use the web frontend..

there is (apparantly) a TFTP connection too (which i believe is what the windows firmware upgrade software uses) but i'm afraid i don't know how it works

c

More
23 Jul 2012 08:25 #3 by ukengb
Replied by ukengb on topic Re: VigorPhone 350 firmware update

roundst wrote: depending on which version, you can use the web frontend.

Except that for the current latest release it says "do NOT use the web configuration to update".

It's really not acceptable that they are so remiss in their support of non Windows users.

What about FTP, same as for the Vigor IPPBX itself?

More
29 Jul 2012 08:19 #4 by ukengb
Replied by ukengb on topic Re: VigorPhone 350 firmware update
Having determined that FTP is not usable and that Draytek's firmware upgrade utility is basically just a TFTP client, I obtained 'TFTP Client' which unsurprisingly is a TFTP client for Mac OSX and indeed it does exactly what it said on the tin.

Putting the VigorPhone into TFTP mode is a bit of a faff (trying to hold the 2 buttons while plugging in the power cord), but then the uploads and installations all went without a hitch.

So, for anyone needing to update firmware with a Mac and that cannot be done with the web configurator - get TFTP Client.

Perhaps Draytek could make a note of this on their support pages as they have failed to provide their own solution.