DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Time & Date on VigorPhone 350

More
18 Jul 2012 15:42 #1 by ukengb
Time & Date on VigorPhone 350 was created by ukengb
I've set the timezone (GMT) and pointed the VigorPhone to a local NTP server used by the rest of the network, but the VigorPhone's time remains 1 hour behind what it should be.

One would assume this is simply a question of daylight savings time as currently we rare on BST here which is 1 hour ahead, so the VigorPhone is simply set to GMT and hence showing 1 hour behind.

To test this, I set the VigorPhone's Daylight Saving to 'Always' thinking this ought to then be correct for now. But next day it is still the same discrepancy, i.e. 1 hour behind.

There is an obvious problem with configuring the auto setting (as mentioned elsewhere in another thread) as there's no obvious way to select the LAST Sunday in the month, but that's irrelevant if even setting it to 'Always' has no effect.

Anyone else having trouble with the VigorPhone's time - particularly here in the UK?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2012 10:12 #2 by roundst
Replied by roundst on topic Re: Time & Date on VigorPhone 350
yeah.. i gave up and set it manually..

glad i only have 3 of them!

c

More
23 Jul 2012 08:22 #3 by ukengb
Replied by ukengb on topic Re: Time & Date on VigorPhone 350
I actually like the phone. Far better than the Snom I used before. But as with a lot of Draytek stuff, there needs to be a better explanation in the manual than simply paraphrasing (badly) what it says on screen. E.g. what does "sync time' mean. Is that the time the phone actually syncs its clock with the server. A set schedule like that is not really how NTP is supposed to work and is a problem when trying to see if it's working. When you make a change, are you supposed to wait up to 24 hrs to see the result? If nothing else, you need a [Check now] button.

I ended up setting mine to the 4th Sunday and when I checked a few days later, it was correct. No idea exactly how long it took. Previously it was set to 'Always' and was 1 hour out for days.

So my problem is apparently now solved, but I've no real idea why.