DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum

Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users

Vigor 2710vDn Phone port buzzing & echo

• gorght
  • Topic Author
More
27 Jul 2012 11:49 #1 by gorght
Hi,

I have a Vigor 2710vDn which so far I'm very pleased with - I have a dect base station & phone plugged into the "Phone" port - have done this as the dect phone paired with the Vigor seems to create echo on the recipient's side (irrespective of sip provider - softphone from the pc works without issue).

I've finished a reasonably long call (~30 min), went to pickup an incoming call and couldn't hear much except a humming/buzzing just about heard the caller who said I sounded very quiet - hung up and picked up the line again - can hear the dialtone (not connected to any SIP), along with a lot of humming / buzzing all subsequent calls are affected (switched to PSTN (#0) and all was fine).

I finally rebooted my router and the noise/problem went away...

Any thoughts on what might be the problem please - don't want to have to reboot my router after making a call(!) ? I did look for a way to reset only the voip circuits, but doesn't seem possible... Contemplating an IP phone ...

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
James.

Router details: (2710 vDn)

Firmware Version : 3.3.7_232201
Build Date/Time : Feb 23 2012 11:56:06
ADSL Firmware Version : 232201_A Hardware: Annex A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Aug 2012 13:58 #2 by kevinsmith
Replied by kevinsmith on topic Re: Vigor 2710vDn Phone port buzzing & echo
Hello

I sent a support request for similar issue. The buzzing only seemed to occur when the PSTN line was connected to the "Line" port. The buzzing would affect all phone calls DECT & PSTN.

The support person asked me to a) try different telephone cable b) different ethernet cable c) different PSTN line. I was not able to do all the troubleshooting as I don't have 2nd PSTN line. In the end problem cleared itself up and no buzzing when PSTN connected. When I asked support person (via email) if buzzing/interference was know problem they said "no".

FYI - I'm still struggling to setup the PSTN line to work correctly. I've now got different problem: One way audio.

Model: Draytek vigor router 2710VDn
firmware: 3.3.7_232201
Date of purchase: 19/7/2012

More
16 Sep 2012 18:49 #3 by ridgemagnet
Replied by ridgemagnet on topic Re: Vigor 2710vDn Phone port buzzing & echo
Yep, I have exactly the same issue the 2710 doesn't handle PSTN calls very well... in fact at all. Noisy, random rings etc.
I have to use it without PSTN and have that wired separately. Am still looking for a good combination solution for IP and PSTN so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great.